atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 805CaptainRon IPK II - InSkin VM quit working. - 09/30/13 06:35 PM
Hello to all, I have run into this a couple times now. VM on a IPK II stops working. The VM card works in a IPK I just fine. (All recordings and programming fine) It will not start up in the IPK II. What happens to the CPU? It's been working fine for years and then, no VM. The VM will not even load.

Very strange.

Thank you very much.

Ron Higgins
Posted By: paulw Re: IPK II - InSkin VM quit working. - 09/30/13 08:06 PM
If this is the old DOS mail then it will not run in a IPK2 unless you modify the AUTOEXEC.BAT with the following in bold..

@ECHO OFF
C:\DOS\SMARTDRV.EXE C /X 256

REM Wait 120 seconds for EliteIPK II to start up.
CALL C:\HOST\WAIT 120

After you add this reboot the mail..
Posted By: doghart Re: IPK II - InSkin VM quit working. - 10/01/13 12:06 AM
Paul is right, if the system power cycles the voicemail will try to boot before the PBX is online and fail.

Once the system in back online you can manually reset the VM card and it will boot up.

D
Posted By: 805CaptainRon Re: IPK II - InSkin VM quit working. - 10/01/13 01:47 PM
Thank you PaulW and Doghart! Masters for sure! So you think the VM lost this? I'm not sure how to add this back in but I know a guy that might be able to help me. Thank you very very much guys.
Have a great day!

Ron
Posted By: 805CaptainRon Re: IPK II - InSkin VM quit working. - 10/01/13 03:30 PM
After reading this over a few times, I have a question.
If the VM is off and the phone system starts up. Wouldn't the VM start then? (Turning On the MB switch) Cause I have tried that, waiting for the phone system to start and then starting the VM.

Thank you!

Ron
Posted By: paulw Re: IPK II - InSkin VM quit working. - 10/02/13 12:00 AM
I just tried this in my lab system and the mail still starts and tries to load the VMS ports but fails. All the MB switch seems to do with a IPK2 is shutdown the mail..

I also tried it with the delay active and the MB switch off. After the IPK2 started and the MB switch was set to ON the mail still did not start. I suspect that the IPK2 has a different way of starting the ports from the old Elite systems..
Posted By: 805CaptainRon Re: IPK II - InSkin VM quit working. - 10/02/13 12:24 AM
Thank you Paul W. I will try it on Wed. and let you know how it went. When I get to the prompt @ECHO OFF, do I type it in there? "REM Wait 120 seconds for EliteIPK II to start up.
CALL C:\HOST\WAIT 120" or is it "CALL C:\HOST\WAIT 120" only? I checked it out on the VM I have and was able to get to the @ECHO OFF area in the AutoExec.bat.

Thank you very much.

Ron
Posted By: paulw Re: IPK II - InSkin VM quit working. - 10/02/13 08:25 PM
It may be easier via Cosession to copy this file to the root directory of the VMS and reboot it
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15032525/AUTOEXEC.BAT

If you need a copy of Cosession let me know..
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help