atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Toolie SL1100 Phone set question - 10/01/13 05:19 PM
I have only put in a couple of these. Just got an email from a customer saying that the ext #102 button (DSS one touch) on all of the phones was fast blinking.

I assumed 102 had inadvertently been put into DND so sent him the info to cancel DND. That did not work- and they are able to call ext #102 from the other phones.

Is there any other feature that would cause that to happen? He said a new employee was mashing some keys on the phone when this came up....

Any suggestions would be appreciated - 100 mile drive if I have to go there myself.....
Posted By: RonP Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/01/13 06:01 PM
Are they sure its x102 programmed under that button? The label may say 102, but whats programmed may be different.
Posted By: Toolie Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/01/13 06:05 PM
It is programmed correctly on the buttons - I had them test that and when that button is pressed, it does call 102.......

Might just have them power cycle the thing to see if that helps at all....
Posted By: Toolie Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/01/13 07:16 PM
Power cycle did not help......any other ideas out there?
Posted By: dans Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/01/13 07:46 PM
Have extension 102 dial 620
Posted By: brokeda Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/02/13 04:46 AM
Could be set as ACD.
Posted By: paulw Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/02/13 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by brokeda
Could be set as ACD.

No ACD in the 1100..
Posted By: Toolie Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/02/13 09:20 PM
Well - it turns out that ext. 102 had some forwarding set on it. Customer was able to clear that out at the phone set. Wierd thing was, I had them check the display on 102, and they said everything looked "normal."

I assume that if a display set is forwarded on the SL1100, the forwarding would be indicated in the display, as it would be on the other NEC systems I have worked with......

Then again, I only have 2 of these in, and they have been virtually trouble free, so maybe I just don't know the system well enough.

Thanks for the input everyone! I'll be back next time my head gets to spinning.......sooner rather than later I'm sure!
Posted By: paulw Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/02/13 11:45 PM
The CF display can be turned on/off on PRG 20.11.30. Most people turn it off as it blocks out other display info..
Posted By: brokeda Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/04/13 03:12 AM
We have ACD in US.
Posted By: paulw Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/06/13 08:17 PM
We have ACD in US.

Thanx for the info. Must ask NEC AU if they're going to do the same..

Mind you . Your system has multiple chassis where as ours only has the single one so maybe the reason why not down here..
Posted By: Deltron Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/07/13 03:16 PM
We can expand to 4 chassis now too.
Posted By: paulw Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/07/13 10:18 PM
Heard a rumor the other day that R4 may allow the use of DT300 series fones on the SL1100. Would be nice.. It was allowed along with the iSeries fones on the evaluation versions I had but the Japs blocked it when it was released..
Posted By: brokeda Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/07/13 11:19 PM
1100 phones suck compared to DSX.
Posted By: DSX Deus Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/08/13 08:37 PM
smile
Posted By: dans Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/09/13 12:57 PM

Its the main reason why we rather sell the SV8100
Posted By: Deltron Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/09/13 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by paulw
H the Japs blocked it when it was released..
Highly unlikely. NEC America did it to protect the SV dealers. Vodavi used to play this game with the Triad, Infinite and STS all to protect each vendor. The iPecs system by LG will support all Vodavi digital sets.

I agree the SL phones absolutely suck. 100% of customers choose the DSX over the SL in demos. Unless they do something about the sets we're going to move to a different vendor except for legacy customers with multiple locations we've installed NEC. It's a shame, the DSX was hands down the best by far of any inexpensive system I've dealt with and I've been in the business since 1973.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/09/13 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Deltron
H the Japs blocked it when it was released..
Highly unlikely. NEC America did it to protect the SV dealers. Vodavi used to play this game with the Triad, Infinite and STS all to protect each vendor. The iPecs system by LG will support all Vodavi digital sets.

I agree the SL phones absolutely suck. 100% of customers choose the DSX over the SL in demos. Unless they do something about the sets we're going to move to a different vendor except for legacy customers with multiple locations we've installed NEC. It's a shame, the DSX was hands down the best by far of any inexpensive system I've dealt with and I've been in the business since 1973.

If you actually do the cost comparison, the SV8100 is not really that much more expensive. We looked at the SL1100 and quite honestly, why would we pick up a system that an SV8100 could do better? Now, if they decided to bring back the UX5000 I would be on that in a heartbeat.
Posted By: paulw Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/09/13 09:07 PM
Down our way the SL1100 is quite a lot cheaper than the SV8100 as it comes bundled with InMail, 4 SIP TK licneses. If you do the same config for the 8100 it comes out allot dearer. The preloaded InMail and its 2 port InMail license makes it a no brainer for dealers who forget to apply the license at the time of installation as some do with the 8100 so at the end of 60 days the mail stops working..
Posted By: Deltron Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/10/13 12:49 PM
Down our way the SL1100 is quite a lot cheaper than the SV8100 as it comes bundled with InMail, 4 SIP TK licneses. If you do the same config for the 8100 it comes out allot dearer. The preloaded InMail and its 2 port InMail license makes it a no brainer for dealers who forget to apply the license at the time of installation as some do with the 8100 so at the end of 60 days the mail stops working..
That's true here also. He neglects to mention the additional dealer hassles and such with the SV too along with the licensing server for everything.

At least NEC is making it much like the DSX in that the huge majority of installations you just plug it in and off you go. I really disliked the SV scheme of licensing versus what we had with Vodavi. Everything was loaded and ready to go except for networking. No games of a new license to add phones and such.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/10/13 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Deltron
That's true here also. He neglects to mention the additional dealer hassles and such with the SV too along with the licensing server for everything.

At least NEC is making it much like the DSX in that the huge majority of installations you just plug it in and off you go. I really disliked the SV scheme of licensing versus what we had with Vodavi. Everything was loaded and ready to go except for networking. No games of a new license to add phones and such.

Oh, c'mon. It takes like 5 minutes to setup and load the license including the customer database you fill out. Trust me I have some SV issues as well but the licensing server is not one of them. Besides, who is going on site without firing up the system on the bench first and loading the latest software and verifying everything is working? I have YET to lose to an SL1100 even though we are slightly (and I mean slightly) higher after they look at both systems and try the handsets out. Over a 5 year lease the difference is nothing and the feature set (and future proofing) you get is worth it for most users today. Also, I don't see DT300 sets being sold over the counter. There is no way NEC will kill their certified dealerships that way.
Posted By: Deltron Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/10/13 07:38 PM
who is going on site without firing up the system on the bench first and loading the latest software and verifying everything is working?
That's what killed us. Of course we fire up and load the latest software, patches and such on systems before we go out. I've been doing this since 1972 so have learned one or two tricks.

Don't do this with an SV for your ready spares though. All the licenses expire limiting you to 64 stations. Now you're a dead duck when the licensing server won't let you transfer licenses in the middle of the night leaving your customer over half down. Personal experience with this one. I'll never ever install another critical 24/7 system that requires licensing for station counts above the default. At least the SL is licensed for the maximum digital and analog stations by default.

Oh, I can understand why you haven't lost to an SL, one look at the DSX or SL phones and the customer will usually choose the SV, at least that was our experience. Not only that, obviously you're a long time dealer, not a trunker, and can knock them off with impunity. smile
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/10/13 08:15 PM
You know that every processor key is allowed 3 times to get unlocked for a demo license and open it up right?
Posted By: Deltron Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/10/13 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Coral Tech
You know that every processor key is allowed 3 times to get unlocked for a demo license and open it up right?
At least at the time once you fired this thing up you had I believe 30 days. We didn't realize it and our shelf units all had expired licenses.

In any case, anything that requires a license to go beyond the default number of ports will never ever be installed again by our company unless we know absolutely the customer will never exceed it, the risk is too high relying on something outside to enable it.

Guess you haven't been burned yet by a licensed product. Go play with NT stuff and get back to me on that one.
Posted By: ttech Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/10/13 11:32 PM
I like the advanced license on the SL Inmail.
On the SV you need multiple voicemail to email licenses.

Posted By: Deltron Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/11/13 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by ttech
I like the advanced license on the SL Inmail.
On the SV you need multiple voicemail to email licenses.
I think NEC is over all doing a good job on the SL as a replacement for the much loved DSX. Our biggest issue has been the audio, primarily on the speakerphones. Version 3.5 simplified programming for those not familiar with the SV and they added the 3rd expansion along with the vm not taking up usable ports.

I'd have liked to have seen a much smaller footprint since a 4 cabinet system will take a fair amout of wall space.
Posted By: dans Re: SL1100 Phone set question - 10/11/13 01:47 PM
Maybe I'm used to it, I have no problem with the licensing part of the SV8100.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help