atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cbipbx NEC DSX 40 two lines not receiving CID - 10/17/13 01:45 PM
Installed this about a month ago, have replaced the KSU, had AT&T replace the entrance cable (noise problem), have talked to NEC Tech Support, and have had the 2 lines that are not receiving CID changed from key to pots at the request of Centurylink. And Still not working oh and have checked the programming srveral time. At the end of my rope on this problem.
Looking for any suggestion.
Posted By: Ken B Re: NEC DSX 40 two lines not receiving CID - 10/17/13 02:03 PM
I would assume that NEC already had you look at program 3121 to turn CID on for each line since this is not on by default. Have you confirmed at the demark that you are receiving CID with your test set?
Posted By: skip555 Re: NEC DSX 40 two lines not receiving CID - 10/17/13 02:03 PM
are some lines receiving and others not ? if so swap the line position with one that is receiving if not have you tried a CID device before the system to confirm centurylink is sending CID ?

have you tried all the CID types in program 3121 ?

Posted By: cbipbx Re: NEC DSX 40 two lines not receiving CID - 10/17/13 02:17 PM
KenB yes I've checked that a couple of times on each line.
See this is why I come here you get fast responce.

Posted By: cbipbx Re: NEC DSX 40 two lines not receiving CID - 10/17/13 02:19 PM
Skip;
That I have not tryed I get to the customer site today and try all of them. Thanks much as I was losing what little hair I have left over this.
Posted By: dans Re: NEC DSX 40 two lines not receiving CID - 10/17/13 02:54 PM
Centurylink should change their name to Centuryhell-link. They are the worst to deal with.
Posted By: Deltron Re: NEC DSX 40 two lines not receiving CID - 10/17/13 06:55 PM
This has been driving me crazy with some of the CLECs using soft switches. Normally it's no CID but sometimes it's one or more lines. Frog the lines around. You're likely going to find it's the lines. When it's happened to me I've never been able to get it fixed.

Keep us posted.
Have you tested the lines using a dollar store phone with CID straight out of the NID?
Posted By: ffej010 Re: NEC DSX 40 two lines not receiving CID - 10/17/13 11:10 PM
You need to test at the DMARC that you are or aren't receiving CID. If not, keep reporting the issue to the carrier.
Posted By: cbipbx Re: NEC DSX 40 two lines not receiving CID - 10/25/13 01:39 AM
Guys;
Sorry for the late reply been really busy for awhile(an loving it)
had as dans said centurylinkhell come out for a vendor meet and proved that the nec was working (swapped lines around)got one line kinda work still will not except cid from Verizon wireless phones.
at end of meet centurylink link tech told me "done all I can do, don't know what the problem is" so I'm taking a break and will start again when my head stop spinnng.
Posted By: brokeda Re: NEC DSX 40 two lines not receiving CID - 10/25/13 04:51 AM
Loop Current??
Posted By: MnDave Re: NEC DSX 40 two lines not receiving CID - 10/25/13 03:51 PM
Do you have a good ground? That was what support told me once but I eventually had to replace the KSU. However you have already done that so this is just my 2 cents.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help