atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have this IPS 2000 that I've been managing for many years. Before I bring up my issue, I say the usual excuse that "it was installed by someone else..."
There are speed dials programmed into the system, and I normally use CM9000>ext,button>F11XX to assign a button to dial what's in speed dial memory XX and use CM740 to change the number that's stored in those memory slots. I also understand the concept of assigning different memory blocks to phone, so the same F11xx could mean different things for different phones.

Yesterday I hit a snag though, when a request for a change came in: I was asked to change what's being dialed by a button on the bottom row of a 32-button phone: button 26. CM>9000 told me I can't do anything with that button. I actually searched the Command Manual, the Feature Prog manual, and some others, but couldn't find anything. I know that on a 32 button phone, you can have 16 line/feature key or 24 of them, but not 32. From an old documentation, that was left behind by the installer, I found that that button has "9345" assigned to it, whatever that means. I could never get CM9000 to show me that. So in CM740>9345 I was able to store a phone number to be dialed, which then enabled that phone to call that number by touching that button 26. But how did the installer assign "9345" on that button and what is that in the first place?
Okay, well, you've stumbled onto the great nightmare of Station Speed Dialing Without Documentation.

In CM 73, there is a memory location assigned for this phone. It can't overlap any other memory locations for any other phones.

At memory location 9345, the number you want to change is stored in CM 74. You can go 74>9345>918005551212 and change the number, as you found out.

As for how they got 9345 on that button, on a 32 button Dterm, the IPS assumes buttons 25-32 to be speed dials. You can't make them line keys or whatever. So just program as you would once 9000>xxxx,25>1100.

F Key Number F.
Err....

At the phone, conf, key, number, conf!
We typically assign a unique speed dial bin in CMD 94. Leave the phone as a 16 button in 1224. You can then use 740 plus the speed dial bin to assign the numbers.
Interesting. I'll give that a try and see if I can make some headway there.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help