atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phadob29 Can't get into my SV8500 - 11/29/13 06:20 PM
As of this morning, I can't connect to my SV8500 via PCPro. I tried over IP and serial and in all attempts, I get the following error message:
"Command is being used at another terminal or you must reenter password".

I use PCPro almost daily. The system got upgraded to S7 about 4-5 weeks ago. I was using PCPro just yesterday, and left it logged on overnight. This morning, when I entered any command, I got the above message, so I logged out, and now I can't log back in. I keep getting the above message.

I'm aware of 2 separate computers running PCPro to connect to the system for programming, and I went to both and closed PCPro on both and re-opened and tried to log on, with the above message on both.

I could re-boot the system, but I have about a 1000 users on it pretty much 24/7 under normal circumstances, and right now we are using the system even more than usual. No phone service is affected currently.

MA4000 works as long as it doesn't have to get data from the SV8500 or doesn't need to write data to it. It times out when it needs to talk to the SV8500.

PC PRo Tools is now web-based and it works, but as I said, I really don't want to reboot the system. Anybody has any good ideas?
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Can't get into my SV8500 - 11/29/13 08:44 PM
Is there any possibility of another tech logged on remotely?
Posted By: brokeda Re: Can't get into my SV8500 - 11/29/13 11:13 PM
unplug network cable and plug back in?
Posted By: doghart Re: Can't get into my SV8500 - 11/30/13 12:30 AM
I've seen the "one shot password expired" message before, but not the message you posted above.

Not sure what to tell you... Do you access to NTAC support?

D

Posted By: phadob29 Re: Can't get into my SV8500 - 11/30/13 04:07 AM
-No other tech is logged into it remotely.

-I think if I were to unplug the network cable I would cause too much of service interruption. I mean, worst case scenario, I'll do a reboot via PC Pro Tools. I also don't just want to loose 1 week worth of Office data changes (I do weekly backups on Fridays).

-I don't have direct access to NTAC. Of course, my dealer does, and I contacted them too, but being Thanks-Giving, the trip charge would be waaay tooo high...
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help