atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a client that moved to a new office and I moved his fax line. However, now the fax can dial out but it does not ring in. I have verified that the number is correct. I can put my test set on the line and call the number and answer it but when it is hooked up to the fax machine it it not ringing the line. Its as if there is no ringing voltage on the line. I don't work with NEC's so any help is appreciated. All I did was move the line cord from the port that is was in for his old office jack to the port for the new office jack but for some reason this is the outcome I got.
Does your butt set ring? Dial the fax number from a display set and see if there is anything in the display...dnd or cf.
No, the test set does not ring, I just know to answer it because Im standing there calling the number so as soon as it rings from the phone Im calling from I answer it from the test set just to see if it can be answered from the test set. There is no DND or CF on the display of the digital set when I call the number.
Place a 2500 set on the port at the frame and call it. If it does not ring, then put a volt meter on tip and ring, set to ACV. Call it again. You should see ~90VAC. It could be a coincidence that the port is bad or the RGU part of the PSU went bad. You could alo try resetting the circuit card. They are hot swapable. Press the reset button, or pop it out, then back in.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help