atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phonedog NEC DSX LCD replacement - 05/21/14 11:50 AM
I have several out-of-warranty DSX phones with the bad LCDs. NEC will repair for $50 plus shipping. Does anyone know a source for the LCD part? Anyone done it themselves?
Posted By: helpifican Re: NEC DSX LCD replacement - 05/21/14 08:33 PM
We get the displays from NEC. Replacement is simple. Two screws underneath the LCD. It just slides out.
Posted By: NCphoneguy Re: NEC DSX LCD replacement - 09/05/14 10:26 PM
I've had to swap out quite a few of my customers' 22-button DSX phones due to faulty displays. Do you happen to have the part number for the replacement displays or a contact at NEC who would be able to help me get my hands on some?

Thanks!
Posted By: dans Re: NEC DSX LCD replacement - 09/08/14 05:11 PM
The NEC Dterm phone display's are removed by 2 screws, DSX's are more complex.
Posted By: dans Re: NEC DSX LCD replacement - 09/08/14 05:44 PM
FYI,
When NEC repairs phones they come back to you looking brand new.
Posted By: thagg Re: NEC DSX LCD replacement - 10/03/14 04:55 PM
If anyone wants to have the display repaired we can do that for you and we have an 85% success rate. we charge 12.00 plus shipping
Posted By: walterv Re: NEC DSX LCD replacement - 10/04/14 11:15 PM
You should break chops with NEC, there was a run (3 or 4 years ago) where their LCD supplier had a problem. I had my distributor go to bat for me and had them replaced for free.

$12:00 seems like a good deal though, why would their only be an 85% success rate??? If your replacing the LCD display, should it not be 100%

Walter
Posted By: thagg Re: NEC DSX LCD replacement - 10/06/14 01:40 PM
We repair the original display not replace, there was a manufacturing defect and we repair that. If there is other damage it would cost a bit more to replace.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help