atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jds NEC 128i - 05/28/14 03:33 AM
I am having a problem with a 128i. In a realty office, Line 10 is programmed to ring only at two extensions in the rental office. When the line rings and is picked up, the phone system immediately automatically puts the call on hold. Then, after 5 seconds, both phones start ringing again and then the call can be picked up and answered. I've looked all through the programming and can't find any setting that would do this. This doesn't happen with any of the other lines that ring at the reception phone. Does anyone have any ideas?
Posted By: brokeda Re: NEC 128i - 05/28/14 10:15 PM
Move line to different co port to see if problem follows.
Posted By: jds Re: NEC 128i - 05/31/14 01:19 AM
I tried swapping out the line card and the problem still exists. In my mind, this means it's a programming setting but as I said previously, I couldn't find any setting that would cause this.
Posted By: brokeda Re: NEC 128i - 05/31/14 02:13 AM
I meant move the line to another port, if it works, program that line in it's place, if you can't figure the programming.
Maybe the line is on auto answer by the AA.
Posted By: jds Re: NEC 128i - 06/01/14 01:13 AM
I'll try that. The voice mail is an external vangard and is not turned on. Does the 128i have a built in AA? Also, remember that the system doesn't put the call on hold until someone actually picks up their phone to try and answer the call.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help