atcomsystems.ca/forum
Since DSX series are slowly going away and this client had it under intense use for 5 years.
I'm talking about call center with 14 stations running 10 hours a day 6 days a week. Monthly average is 90.000 minutes.
Personally I'm very happy with DSX series and would not touch it unless I have to, they had zero downtime (not counting power outages and provider/user related issues).
I do keep spare parts in stock in case of hardware failure and offering him 4 hour response time.
Is it time to sell him SL1100?
How long DSX might last?
Did he outgrew the capacity of DSX and SL1100 and should be getting something more powerful and more redundant?

If it isn't broke, don't fix it. If the DSX is working and you have spare parts, I think you're good for a long time. Of course, when your customer outgrows the DSX, then look into what's available at that time.

Jim
I gotta feeling the DSX will be like the Avaya Partner in that it was a very popular system and as such there will be parts out there for a few years to come. Granted it was not AS popular as the Partner, but you get the picture. First thing to become scarce will be the Intramail as voice mail is usually gobbled up by the hoarders and held for ransom.
Since DSX does not have ACD what do you mean by call center?

If you are looking for a true call center the SL1100 or SV8100 can provide it.

The SV8100 is a true work horse and worth the extra money.
dan, I call it a call center, because of the volume. when they started with 1 employee and 2 co trunks DSX-40 was the only option they could afford, upgraded to 80 when they asked for PRI.
ACD will not work for them, All incoming calls distributed by Intramail into personal or departments voice mail, then messages checked by one employee and distributed in short version between sales people or CSR.
dan, regarding SV8100. where do I buy one? where to go for training? I heard that its not as intuitive and user friendly as DSX or SL1100. Is it true?
You have to become a NEC dealer or reseller to sell the SV8100, 8300 and 8500.

I don't know what you mean by user friendly, the SL1100 software comes from the SV8100.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help