atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Toolie Adding an IP Phone to Aspire S - 07/22/14 08:47 PM
I am trying to add an IP set to an Aspire S system. I have done one a long time ago - and I think I have this correct, but not working right. Not sure if I have a configuration issue, or bad hardware. I bought the VoIP card and the IP set off the reseller market......

The Voip card is in slot 5 in the Aspire, and is recognized. I also have the LAN card in there. The phone registers to the Aspire, and gets its name and extension number okay. It will call other extensions, and can be called - but after connection the phone will ring once or twice, then say "Hang Up" in the display and disconnect to a fast busy tone.

So, I am thinking I either am missing something in setup, or perhaps have a bad phone or VoIp card?

Just looking for some insights...........

Thanks!
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Adding an IP Phone to Aspire S - 07/22/14 09:00 PM
Did you assign an IP for the media gateway card?
Posted By: Toolie Re: Adding an IP Phone to Aspire S - 07/22/14 09:06 PM
Yes - I have the IP assigned on the card, so one for the LAN connection, and one for the VoIp card.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Adding an IP Phone to Aspire S - 07/23/14 12:26 AM
Ok more info. How is the LAN setup. Can you ping both IP addresses? Have you reset the system? Have you tried a small switch and isolate it from the network?
Posted By: Toolie Re: Adding an IP Phone to Aspire S - 07/23/14 08:41 PM
Yes - I reset the system after changes made. I can ping the LAN Ip, not the VoIP board. I suppose I have a defective card? I purcheased all this stuff off the reseller market - of course, that's the only place to get Aspire now..........

Posted By: Toolie Re: Adding an IP Phone to Aspire S - 07/25/14 07:04 PM
Update - I took the IP phone to another site for this customer. An Aspire M which I also recently added a VoIp card to. (Will ultimately connect the Aspire S and Aspire M together using Asprienet as well as have a hadful of IP phones)

The IP phone works fine connecting to the Aspire M. Settings essentially the same on both VoIP cards, so I am assuming I got a bad card in the S..........
Posted By: Toolie Re: Adding an IP Phone to Aspire S - 07/28/14 08:18 PM
Last update on this - just to be certain the card was bad (or not) I moved it from slot 4 in the Aspire S to slot 8, and reprogrammed the board IP address to slot 8. Everything works fine now......so, not sure if I have something wrong in slot 4 - or just a hiccup in the programming.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help