atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: usbuild Phone Laundering - 07/30/14 03:04 PM
Was looking for used phones on eBay and found something I've never seen before.
Check out this Video

Is there a chance that moisture and detergent is still inside?
Posted By: dexman Re: Phone Laundering - 07/30/14 04:32 PM
I would say yes. Not something I would try with any telephone outside of a display model.
Posted By: paulw Re: Phone Laundering - 07/30/14 08:59 PM
Passed it on to the guy here who cleans our phones. smile
Posted By: gelehu Re: Phone Laundering - 07/30/14 09:07 PM
That cant be right, thats gotta get water inside the housing.
Posted By: brokeda Re: Phone Laundering - 07/30/14 09:42 PM
De-Ionized water and electronic cleaner. Sounds OK to me. Just like any cleaning watch how close the nozzle gets to openings and blow dry real good. I would let the phone dry for a couple days be fore plugging it in. But if it very dirty at all I would disassemble and clean button openings and under key pad rubber.
Posted By: usbuild Re: Phone Laundering - 07/31/14 01:45 AM
went looking for other "tutorials" on how to wash electronics and guess what i found, another video posted by the same guy.

In this Video he is going after PC.

Really??? Is that a new way?

Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Phone Laundering - 07/31/14 02:26 AM
A lot of telephone sets had paper cone speakers under the plastic grill. I ain't buying it unless you disassemble it.
Posted By: Lectrician Re: Phone Laundering - 07/31/14 07:43 PM
While de-ionized water and electronic circuit cleaner is unlikely to cause issues once dry, if the phone is filthy and covered in grime and salts, this mixed with the water surely must cause issues if it gets inside crazy
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Phone Laundering - 07/31/14 08:50 PM
I've hand cleaned thousands if not 10's of thousands of phones and have taught dozens of people how to clean phones. I have disassembled 100's of thousands of phones.

This may work on a relatively clean newer model phone---but on the old phones--10 & 15 years old at least--that way just ain't gonna work. Maybe I'm all wrong, but I just don't buy it. Let me rephrase that...I won't buy that. But, that's just me.
Posted By: KENB Re: Phone Laundering - 07/31/14 10:18 PM
If you look that phone going in is pretty new.
It didnt include the handset ,so who cleans the makeup and ear wax
My issues were always scratches and not dirt.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Phone Laundering - 08/13/14 08:51 PM
Did notice : "The final step which is not shown is placing the item in our Electronics Dryer for 6-8 hours to deodorize and dry out any remaining water."

My concern would be the speaker and mic. Not to mention all the crud that works its way under the dial pad mat
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help