atcomsystems.ca/forum
I put a refubed Aspire S into a site recently, so I could network it to an Aspire M at another site. All that is working well.

I set up Intramail on the Aspire S and in general, it's working fine. I have the after hours calls going to a Call Routing mailbox one on the system - with that box using Dial Action Table number one. Pretty sure that's all good.

The issue is that when the caller presses a button for one of the options, nothing happens. Eventually the box times out - but as far as I can tell - the system does not recognize DTMF tones within Intramail.

Wondering if there is a DTMF decoder on the VM daughter board that might not be working? Or, is there some other settings I might have missed? I have set up a number of Intramail over the years, so I think I have this set correctly - but I'm open to suggestions. The Intramail and VM daughter board (like the rest of the system) are used items.......

Does pressing any button interrupt the AA message?
Is the time out transfer working?
No, pressing the buttons does not interrupt the message. I think timeout transfer is working - but I can't say that I am 100% sure. I will need to have them test that and let me know.......
In extension setup you need to confirm the voice ports for signaling type are set as DP and terminal type as special.
How are the calls getting to the Aspire S local dial tone or across the Aspirenet?
+1 on Dans response.
On a side note does anyone know the reason why DP? always seemed counter intuitive on that.
I did check the setup of the extensions and they are indeed set for DP/Special. The Aspire S auto-configures that stuff. Outside lines are local analog trunks - Aspirenet is just used for site-to-site calling and tranferring outside calls between sites.

how about your DTMF resources. You need atleast 1 set for Common
The Aspire S has 16 DTMF resources. They are all currently set for common. I assume that's the default, since I have not changed anything there.
Here's some additional information. And, I know this is wrong - just not sure it should effect DTMF detection.

I left the Voice Mail pilot number as 700 (default) on both sites. I am thinking that changing it to 600 on the Aspire S side would be easy enough.......

Anyone think that's why the DTMF detection is not working?
I believe when using Aspirenet only 1 site can host a voice mail, someone with more experience on the Aspire should be able to confirm.
You can have either centralized, or individual voice mails on Aspirenet.

I am going to try making some changes this weekend - and see if I can fix this by changing the voice mail pilot on one of the sites.
Changes the voice mail master number at the Aspire S site from 700 to 600. No luck.

Everything about the voicemail works fine - it just does not detect DTMF tones when buttons are pressed.

Can't think of anything else to look at - might try replacing the VM daughter board.........
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help