atcomsystems.ca/forum
Two IP phones that previously could send DTMF tones to an SLT port now do not. Monitored at the SLT port and other SLT phones send DTMF OK. Heading back to the site today with a digital phone to test with that.

Configuration: Hotel with an Aspire M has 2 IP phones at the front desk in a remote building. (IP connction is thru a wireless link) A 3rd party wake-up call system is connected to an SLT port at the KSU. While SLT phones can dial/set wake-up calls, the IP phones that could do this previously cannot. The IP phones can dial out on analog CO lines.

No programming changes in months, IP phones seem to work otherwise. For lack of any other constructive action, I did a power reset with no change in symptoms.

I'm baffled.
Resolved. I'm no longer baffled, just embarassed.

Digital phone did not send DTMF digits either. So it had to be an issue in the system. Then I remembered the "special" setting for analog ports in 15-03-03 that allows DTMF digits to pass thru. That did it.

Now I'm left with a different puzzle of A) how did it get changed, or B) How did it work before. But those are human-triggered issues, not equipment.
So glad you posted this. I just encountered a similar problem with a UX5000. A "special" SLT device (digital announcer system) not recognizing DTMF tones from digital terminals. Changed the setting to "special" and now all is well!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help