atcomsystems.ca/forum
I replaced an XTS with an SL1100 and have been having some issues with duplicating features. I have worked with NEC Tech, and seems like a lot has to be resolved via virtual extensions. I thought I would check and see if you have any better ideas.

The system trunks are ISDN.

1. Problem - Can not external transfer from Dial Action Table. Attempted what is documented in Inmail Feature guide but call would fail. Solution provided by NEC: Transfer to Virtual Extension that is set to No Answer Call Forward to external number. (All Call Forward was not working, so had to adjust timers but there is a delay).

2. Problem - If DID goes direct to station, and station is call forward external, the call will not complete....have to do the virtual extension again, but customer can not easily change external number. Going to Contact NEC in AM, but the virtual extension in this instance is not really acceptable.

3. From Dial action Table, need to ring certain phones. Once again, used virtual extensions to accomplish this, but can not get the call to go to a particular voicemail when unanswered. In the XTS, I would just use ring groups that ended up in the Voicemail with a particular VM ID. In the SL, It ends up getting the "Call can not be completed" probably because the virtual does not have a mailbox...I want it to end up in a users existing mailbox. I need to look at some notes, but think I had a similar issue with the DSX at a location in the past.

I guess I don't mind using the Virtual Extensions, it just comes down to having to sacrifice a button on the phone to perform relatively simple ring group functions. Some extensions are in multiple groups, so they can end up having 4-5 buttons that are just virtual "ring groups".

In this application, I need virtual extensions for voicemail of users that do not have physical extensions; It is municipal, so have dozens of users that will require virtual extensions, so they are a commodity that I am burning through quickly.

Just looking for perhaps some better solutions
Regard #1 - Was able to get around this by changing the default in 11-12-10. Off-net from a dial action is now working without a virtual extension.
Regarding #2, probably an issue with the carrier only allowing the outgoing CID to be a registered DID on the network and not allowing the originating CID from the caller to be passed - you can typically contact the carrier to have this allowed.
You don't need physical buttons. Use virtuals on button say 25 on a 24 button phone.

Also, if you need the voicemail to go in a certain mailbox just ring that ext (virtual or not)and put call coverage keys on other phones you need to ring. It will go to that vm.
Originally Posted by Ken B
Regarding #2, probably an issue with the carrier only allowing the outgoing CID to be a registered DID on the network and not allowing the originating CID from the caller to be passed - you can typically contact the carrier to have this allowed.

That crossed my mind, but thought it was working on previous system. Will throw in a bogus number and try dialing out and see what happens and double check with carrier.

Originally Posted by Coral Tech
You don't need physical buttons. Use virtuals on button say 25 on a 24 button phone.

15-07 only shows up to 24 and no option to go higher. Would a one touch work? Will try in AM.

Also, if you need the voicemail to go in a certain mailbox just ring that ext (virtual or not)and put call coverage keys on other phones you need to ring. It will go to that vm.

Any personal or specific direct dial calls would ring at the other extensions in that scenario. Would work if nothing else can be figured out, just a big change since it's a relatively small office with about 5 groups; People are crossed trained in two or more areas.

Thanks for the help!
Only to button 24? Must be a limitation on the SL1100. Interesting.

If you only need a few mail boxes to redirect you can use a Group Routing Mailbox 47-03 create a DAT for those mailboxes that time out immediately to the box you want to goto. Just record one second of silence into them.
#2 does not make since, if their virtual will forward to a external number the physical extension should, if not something was changed, possibly class of service.

If they have DID's available try mobile extension.
When I mentioned mobile extension I assumed the forwarding number is to a cell phone, if it's not strike that recommendation.
Originally Posted by dans
#2 does not make since, if their virtual will forward to a external number the physical extension should, if not something was changed, possibly class of service.

If they have DID's available try mobile extension.

If they forward off-net, they need a pause at the end "#". Added and it is working. Caller ID is also passing, forgot to enable ISDN CLIP in 21-13.

Tackling this virtual issue/voicemail now. Thank you for the help.

Originally Posted by Coral Tech
Only to button 24? Must be a limitation on the SL1100. Interesting.

If you only need a few mail boxes to redirect you can use a Group Routing Mailbox 47-03 create a DAT for those mailboxes that time out immediately to the box you want to goto. Just record one second of silence into them.

Sorry missed this. Basically what I ended up doing.

Thanks!
For External Call Forward:
PRG 20-11-12: Call Forward Off-Premise: 1 - active
PRG 21-02 : Trunk Group Routing: Put outgoing trunk group

For Trunk to Trunk Transfer:
PRG 14-01-13: Trunk to Trunk Transfer: 1 - allow
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help