atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ukman upgrading from version 1.5 to version 5 - 05/05/16 07:58 PM
Hello Everyone

I've been trying to upgrade a system from version 1.5 to version 5. Have installed pc pro 5 and got the firmware but everytime i try to upgrade the firmware i get invalid firmware package file.
Posted By: Rickman Re: upgrading from version 1.5 to version 5 - 05/05/16 08:07 PM
What Type of System are you trying to upgrade?
Posted By: ukman Re: upgrading from version 1.5 to version 5 - 05/06/16 11:41 AM
trying to upgrade the sl1100 from firmware 1.5 to the current version which is 5. Also, all the phone went dead, no dial tone, until reboot and now CLI not working. Have had issues with the same system trying to install a tapi driver
There were a fair amount of changes done since v1.5. In the US we are up to ver 6. I'd check your CLI programming as defaults may have changed. You might try going to the latest ver 6. Many times issues can be fixed by defaulting the system then reloading a back up.
Posted By: Rickman Re: upgrading from version 1.5 to version 5 - 05/06/16 01:20 PM
Anytime you do an Upgrade you'll Have to Reboot. If it was me I would reprogram the Database after taking such a large leap to a higher revision. Just to be sure there are no issues. But that's just me. (Can't stand call backs).
Posted By: ukman Re: upgrading from version 1.5 to version 5 - 05/06/16 04:40 PM
I've tried everything, and its comes back to invalid firmware package file, just won't let me upgrade
Posted By: ukman Re: upgrading from version 1.5 to version 5 - 05/07/16 05:09 PM
Think i may just give up on this system
Posted By: Ken B Re: upgrading from version 1.5 to version 5 - 05/07/16 05:39 PM
Potential dumb question, but have you tried re-downloading the software & confirming with the Download Verification utility that the software is good? Also, did you upgrade your PCPro software to Release 5?
try downloading from www.necsl1100distributors.com. Both PCPro v6 and sl1100 software v6.
Posted By: ukman Re: upgrading from version 1.5 to version 5 - 05/09/16 04:23 PM
Have done them both, and still the same issues
Have verified, also
Posted By: dans Re: upgrading from version 1.5 to version 5 - 05/09/16 08:06 PM
Europe is not on the same version as US, make sure the version you are trying to upload is the European one.
Posted By: Ken B Re: upgrading from version 1.5 to version 5 - 05/10/16 12:37 PM
Yes, always download from your NTAC login - never from a 3rd party site. You want to be sure to get the firmware for your region.

If you've exhausted all options, you may need to contact NEC support to enlist their help.
Not all flash drives are compatible FYI. Try a different one. If USB try a smaller 2.0/1.1 drive only.
Posted By: Rickman Re: upgrading from version 1.5 to version 5 - 05/10/16 04:39 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a Difference between the UK version and the US. I would check there First with NTAC.
Posted By: paulw Re: upgrading from version 1.5 to version 5 - 05/10/16 11:16 PM
Each region has it's own version of software. You need to find and load the correct one for your region. The CPUs are keyed so that you can only load the correct one. Same applies for licensing..
Posted By: ttech Re: upgrading from version 1.5 to version 5 - 05/11/16 04:43 AM
If there is no MEMDB card on the processor card you will come up with the invalid firmware package.

If the system was installed without VM the installer may have removed the daughter board. You will need to put one on to upgrade it via a Flash Card.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help