atcomsystems.ca/forum
On an SL1100 system, when I place an intercom call, the receiving extension beeps and turns the speakerphone on. In my old Nortel days, I called this a "Voice Call". I think NEC calls it "Voice-Announce".

I know you can toggle this feature on and off by dialing 1 right after the intercom number. I thought there was a way to turn it off for good, but cannot seem to find the program. Looked at 20-08-10 and 20-09-05, but didn't seem to help.

And just to be interesting, one of my test extensions rings like I want, the other does the voice-announce. Would like them all to be ring.

Thanks again.
Jim
It can be set as a system wide preference or on a station with a code. Look in 20-02 (I think we don't do the 1100) forced intercom ringing. It's still a user preference though with a code. I want to say like 723 and 721 or 821 and 823. Going off memory here.
Coral is correct on 20-02 - Item 12 is the field to change - You can also uncheck in COS - 20-08-10 to disable the user's ability to change it from the code or menu programming
I had looked at 20-02-12 and had it set to Signal. But still no change. Also, the strange thing is, one of my test phones makes the called phone ring, and the other phone makes it voice announced.

Are you dialing the extension or using a DSS/BLF key? The key could be programmed with a 1 (101+1) which would change the ring/voice at the receiving end.
Also check 15-02-68, voice/tone setting per extension.
Hi,

Go to the extension and set-up using this codes. do no lift the handset, just put the codes:

721 - Voice call (auto answer on speaker)
723 - Signaling call (ringing)

Coral was right and he said about this codes.
Thanks everyone. Got em all straightened out now. Everything said above is correct. To summarize:

20-08-10 and 20-09-05 COS to allow switching from ring to voice announce.
20-02-12 system - Set to Signal, so ext. rings.
15-02-68 per ext.- Set to Signal, so ext. rings.
Then the originating ext. has the option to press 1 to voice announce.

Jim
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help