atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jk dsx 80 software jump - 07/31/16 04:36 AM
I have a DSX 80 that has not been updated since install. Have done a few system software updates from 2 dot to 3 dot. I know about the different admin software versions and all. I do not intend on re initializing the system. Are there any pre cautions i need to take or look out for when making a drastic software jump. it has been at the same 2.10 version for 10 years and i want to get it on current. because of strange issues happening. Any input will be a huge help in preparing update.
Thanks
Posted By: helpifican Re: dsx 80 software jump - 07/31/16 04:20 PM
It should not be a problem. Back up you database first. I suggest you get the upgrade on a CF. Power down and replace the VM chip with the upgrade chip. Power up and wait. There are some web sites with explicit instructions and vendors that can assist and provide the CF chip. A short internet search will find them. If the v3 maintenance program is going on to WIN 10 you need to allow for the usb driver to be loaded. Again an internet search will find the info easily.
Posted By: 94astro Re: dsx 80 software jump - 07/31/16 05:29 PM
Remember to also do the version 3 voicemail prompts. Once you're at version 3, i believe the system admin software makes it very easy to upgrade those.
Posted By: jk Re: dsx 80 software jump - 07/31/16 11:27 PM
Thank you both,
just what i was wanting to hear.
I have done several upgrades in the past and have never had a problem.
As a tech i am always thinking what ifs.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help