atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ITadam NEC Electra Elite IPK SAT Questions - 08/23/16 04:44 PM
I have the NEC Electra Elite IPK SAT software installed and it connects via serial. Connection works and I am able to complete a download without issue. I am not sure if i am missing a step because the "Upload" and "Verify" options on the Communication menu are always grayed out. The only things I haven't tried is the "First Initialization" and "Second Initialization".

What am I missing?

How do I upload the changes I make to the downloaded information? I have a feeling its probably something simple, it's my first time using this software.
Any help is appreciated
Posted By: ITadam Re: NEC Electra Elite IPK SAT Questions - 08/24/16 03:10 PM
Here are some more details about my issue, I am hoping there is someone familiar with the NEC Electra Elite IPK SAT that can help.

I am using the NEC Electra Elite 192 with the NEC MIF-M-U10 interface card installed in slot #1. My laptop has the NEC Electra Elite IPK SAT Software (Version 4.70) installed. I am connecting the laptop to the Electra Elite with a USB to Serial cable.

The connection works and is set up as COM4, 38.4 kbs Baud, 10-bits: 8d/Np/1s Line settings. When I connect with the software, the connection quickly connects and is stable.

Here is where I run into problems. I have gone over the documentation many times and am not getting the expected results. Here is the steps from the documentation:

7. Click the CONNECT or DIAL button, depending on the type of connection.

This Step works

8. Once a connection is established, Electra Elite IPK SAT EU will automatically perform a complete download of all system data from the KTS to the PC.
No automatic download seems to happen but a manual download works

9. When downloading is completed, all the menu items and buttons are enabled.
True, Except for the Upload and Verify menu items in the Communications menu

Begin programming the features using the various menu items in SAT.
10. Complete programming. Select COMMUNICATIONS/UPLOAD and press the
Start button to upload all of the changes and programming to the KTS.

After making changes the Upload menu item is still greyed out.

I can connect, download and make changes, but none of that is helpful at the moment because I cannot uploaded.

Please, any help is appreciated.
Posted By: dans Re: NEC Electra Elite IPK SAT Questions - 08/25/16 07:39 PM
The login screen where you enter the password has KTS type, you have 3 choices I don't remember which one, you'll have to try the other 2 to see which one will allow you to upload.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help