atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PMtech Connecting With CoSession - 09/29/16 05:41 PM
So I am trying to connect to the VM card in our NEC ElectraElite 48/192 system. I am using CoSession V7.0 on a Windows XP computer and have it connect to the IPK with a null modem cable and these are my settings, any help would be great, Thanks
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Connecting With CoSession - 09/29/16 11:07 PM
Try different baud rates?
Posted By: helpifican Re: Connecting With CoSession - 09/30/16 12:09 PM
NEC used various baud rates in the VM. try, 9600, 14400 and 56K. They have all been used by NEC in various versions of the VM.
Posted By: PMtech Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/03/16 03:20 PM
Alright I have tried all of those and I am still getting the same CTS timeout message.
Posted By: helpifican Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/03/16 03:56 PM
EDIT:

Way too much info again. Just taking money from a certified tech that could be doing this.

To the OP, do aS SUGGESTED AND CALL IN A QUALIFIED TECH FOR ASSISTANCE...
Posted By: dans Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/03/16 04:19 PM
Why not call in a NEC tech?
Posted By: PMtech Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/03/16 05:14 PM
Alright that switch was turned to on, so I switched it to off but how do I now reset the VM card?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/03/16 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by dans
Why not call in a NEC tech?

This.
Posted By: PMtech Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/03/16 06:03 PM
I would love to call a tech yet I am a lowly intern and this is something they want me to look into me doing.
Posted By: justbill Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/03/16 08:18 PM
Please keep in mind this forum is for user level information, not step by step programming or installation. The people on this board giving help are pro's and this is their livelihood.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/03/16 09:07 PM
This forum is designed to provide user information. You have passed user info about 4 questions ago.

No matter if you are a "lowly intern" or the CEO of the company, our response is the same. Please call a certified NEC dealer in your area and have them resolve the problem. The cost to have the problem resolved now is going to be much cheaper than if you muck around in the programming and bring the whole thing down on it's knees.

We are not being "hard nosed." We have been there before and having to restore a system that has been corrupted is extremely time consuming and costly.

Rcaman
Posted By: DanHarris Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/05/16 05:22 PM
Let'm crash it to understand how he saved $95 and a trip charge!
Posted By: R4+Z Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/09/16 12:34 PM
I do believe the OP has gone to a forum that isn't so job protective! This site is becoming too restrictive in the information it is willing to give! and that is becoming obvious in the decline of NEC sales of products world wide! I used to be of the opinion that you charge for everything but that has damaged the NEC brand and other systems are decimating the NEC market share. So sure keep your information to yourself but sit back and watch your knowledge become worthless as other products take over the market share!
Posted By: hbiss Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/09/16 03:28 PM
So let me get this straight. You're of the opinion that any system should be sold to anybody with a credit card and all tech information should be free for the asking.

Seems to me we won't have a job then either.

-Hal
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/09/16 03:46 PM
R4+Z giving information and walking someone step by step through something as easy as a serial connection is whole different thing. I think you are mistaken, the latest time I checked sales NEC was doing pretty damn good and still #1 in the SMB market (which is HUGE btw). FWIW knowledge and logic are never worthless.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/09/16 04:05 PM
Make sure the toggle switch settings on the card are set correctly.
Posted By: R4+Z Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/11/16 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Coral Tech
R4+Z giving information and walking someone step by step through something as easy as a serial connection is whole different thing. I think you are mistaken, the latest time I checked sales NEC was doing pretty damn good and still #1 in the SMB market (which is HUGE btw). FWIW knowledge and logic are never worthless.

I'm happy for you guys doing so well in the marketplace, here in Oz it is a completely different story. Over the last 10 years, NEC's market share appears to have declined markedly. For example, the state I live in, the office has lost about 60 percent of it's technical staff, there is no longer a state manager and pretty much all the admin staff have gone and this is in a state that makes Texas look small! During a boom period here NEC has gone backwards and I have yet to see them doing much to reverse the trend.

Other sites will walk people through their problems, whilst it is the prerogative of the owner of this site to say no to offering that level of assistance, people will only go elsewhere if we don't help so that path is self destructive, What more can I say!
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/11/16 04:23 PM
Can't complain NEC puts out a great product don;t have really any notable issues with any of them in the field.

https://www.interwestcommunications...arket-share-for-small-to-medium-business

I've been on other tech sites and seen the "help" given. Trust me, it's like the blind leading the blind. I am not against helping people, I am however against getting nice people fired when they are out of their depth.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Connecting With CoSession - 10/11/16 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by R4+Z
I'm happy for you guys doing so well in the marketplace, here in Oz it is a completely different story. Over the last 10 years, NEC's market share appears to have declined markedly. For example, the state I live in, the office has lost about 60 percent of it's technical staff, there is no longer a state manager and pretty much all the admin staff have gone and this is in a state that makes Texas look small! During a boom period here NEC has gone backwards and I have yet to see them doing much to reverse the trend.

Other sites will walk people through their problems, whilst it is the prerogative of the owner of this site to say no to offering that level of assistance, people will only go elsewhere if we don't help so that path is self destructive, What more can I say!

First off it wasn't the owners of this site that made that policy, it was us and it was that way long before the current owners took over. I know in Oz things are upside down but here, giving away things for free isn't going to increase profits.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help