atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: norstaruser UM8000 kills 8300 - 10/11/16 08:21 PM
I just bought a “Refurbished” UM8000 or CD-VM00 card for an SV8300. When I plug the card in to the chassis and power it on after it has been installed, the 2U chassis with the cards fails to start. The power light blinks and you can hear it attempting to turn on, but shuts off. It repeats this process over and over. It is like the system is failing a POST. When the card is removed the system starts as normal without issues. Sound like a bad card?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: UM8000 kills 8300 - 10/11/16 09:41 PM
First thing is to check the power usage on that shelf. If this is a direct replacement perhaps your power supply is failing or the slot is bad? Do you have another cabinet to try the card perhaps it's bad?
Posted By: norstaruser Re: UM8000 kills 8300 - 10/12/16 11:42 AM
The card is an addition to the system as before it did not have in skin VM. Unfortunately I do not have any other units to try the card. I only have the CPU chassis and one 2U line/trunk chassis. That chassis only has 2 16DLCA and 1 8LCA card. I tried installing the VM card in the other 3 free slots but it had the same power issue on all. I do have a spare 4LCA card that I plugged in the other slots and the system started and ran as normal. No other signs of power issues.

Does a faulty card prevent a system for powering on? Perhaps it is the VM card that is bad?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: UM8000 kills 8300 - 10/12/16 07:55 PM
I would say it's a bad card.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help