atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jorge Septien UXMAIL 5000 Not displaying caller ID - 11/22/16 04:37 PM
Recently, our voicemail system crashed and the board and card were replaced by a technician soon to find that only the card needed to be changed. We lost all our stored voicemails and I had to go in and reprogram the "dial by name" settings. We have it back to about 95% of what it was, but for some reason, when someone calls our main number and then dials our extension, on the phones caller ID the word "VOICEMAIL" appears rather than the number/name of the person calling. If it is transferred from reception, then the name of the receiver (not the caller) is displayed. Only when the phone is picked up is the number/name of the caller displayed. The only way it displays the number/name of the caller is when the caller uses the DID of that number. Has anyone seen this and is there an easy solution to this? Before the card was replaced, we would see the caller ID from whatever method was used for reaching our phone.
Posted By: Toolie Re: UXMAIL 5000 Not displaying caller ID - 11/22/16 06:13 PM
Make sure that when you are transferring calls to extensions from the Auto Attendant, you are using unscreened transfer in the dial action table.
That doesn't work either. For some reason when I put it on "UTRF" at the Dial Action Table, you see the word "VOICEMAIL" for a split second, and then you see the name that is programmed on that phone for the person. When IO leave it on "TRF", I see the word "VOICEMAIL". Only when I pick up the phone do I see the actual caller ID of the person calling. This is driving me crazy.

Thanks for trying. basically I do not need to know that it is coming from the voicemail system. Is there a place where the voicemail title is not transferred.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: UXMAIL 5000 Not displaying caller ID - 12/03/16 02:21 AM
Could be a COS setting for incoming calls. There is also a trunk setting to send caller ID to vmail as well. I think there is also a setting for the digital phones but been a while since I needed to look at something like this.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help