atcomsystems.ca/forum
I was told by my vendor who said that he was told by NEC that the following scenario is not possible without ACD.

Pretty simple scenario I think...

Incoming call rings on 3 extensions, 200, 201, 202. If they are all busy or DND ALL I want the incoming call to immediately ring at 5 other extensions, 203, 204...

Currently set up with ring groups. Ring group 1 has the 3 extensions. Calls are hitting there no problem. However, regardless if they are busy or dnd it rings twice before rolling to ring group 2 which contains the 5 extensions.

I thought that I read either through ring groups or department codes we could set it up like I want it to work.

Is this possible without ACD?

Thanks for any help you can give...

Chris Weakland
I would try using virtual extensions with delay ringing on the other extensions. Generally speaking that is an ACD application.
I second Coral. I've done it like that before. What system are talking about anyway.
Sorry, should have mentioned that before, SL1100...

Correct me if I'm wrong but with the delayed ringing I won't accomplish my task of ringing the second group immediately if group 1 is busy/DND?

Thanks!

Chris
Oy vey....here's where it gets wordy. You create a virtual extension, assign that virtual X to a department group. Why a department group? Because you want incoming multiple calls to be able to stack up. Just a virtual X alone will allow only one call to ring in at a time. Assign that virtual X to a function key on ALL THE PHONES. Assign the first group of phones to ring immediately on incoming calls. Assign the second group of phones to delay ring. The number of rings is set through a timer in Class of Service I believe. The second group of phones will lamp, but not ring until the timer triggers them to.

Clear as mud? hope that helps.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help