atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Zulea NEC Aspire VOIP Phone issue - 01/05/17 07:45 PM
We have an NEC Aspire (Installed 2004). We are running about 50 digital phones in our main building and 10 VOIP phones in our warehouse. Same setup for the last 7 or 8 years. We connect to the warehouse with a dedicated Point to Point line.
The 6 PC's and the phones both share the data link from the warehouse. This week all the VOIP phones have stopped connecting to the PBX. I also can't access the PBX via the IP.
We have rebooted and it fixes everything for about 10 or 20 hours then they drop again.
i set the NIC to 100MB Full in the PBX and the Switch it connects to our network on. That didn't help. It was on Auto before at both ends.
No programming changes have been done to the system in years other than change a few buttons or names on extensions. But even those have been a month or two since any were done.

I am looking for ideas or someone to tell me its time to go shopping.

Thanks!
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC Aspire VOIP Phone issue - 01/06/17 03:26 AM
Unplug the ethernet from the Aspire and see if it still pings. Sounds like a conflicting IP address. But ya, it time to start looking at an upgrade. NEC is offering some nice loyalty discounts. Remember you have a signalling IP address and a media gateway IP. I would also take a phone and move it to the local network and see if it works then. That would point to something in the point to point being the issue.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help