atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda 9100 delayed ringing - 01/08/17 04:47 AM
I'm trying to configure delayed ringing by following the example from the NEC SV9100 certification course, but not getting the results I hoped for.

Scenario: All lines are POTS and are set to DIL to a VE (see below). Dept A has Line 1, 2, 3 that should ring on all Dept A extensions.

Dept B has Line 4 and 5 that should ring on all Dept B extensions.

If Line 4 or 5 aren't answered after 20 seconds, then the lines should start ringing on all Dept A extensions as VE 201. And of course, the opposite should happen: Dept A lines should ring on Dept B phones if not answered after 20 seconds as VE 202. And after all that, if still not answered, then to InMail.

I've played around with 15-09 and 15-11, among others, but don't get any immediate ringing. The lamp flashes, but no ring.

Is there any hope for me to straighten this out? My first 9100, and I'm learning a lot, but this old dog . . .

Thank you.
Jim
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 9100 delayed ringing - 01/08/17 02:13 PM
Ok you have to assign a key (actual or like in the 25 range). Then you assign ringing on that key. There are two types ringing and delayed. You need to assign ringing on all. THEN you assign delayed ring to the keys. In your case two because you have two VE. That is pretty much it in a default config that should work unless you upgraded or have stuff ou of whack somewhere else.
Posted By: Yoda Re: 9100 delayed ringing - 01/08/17 03:31 PM
I think I have as you suggested:

Dept A – Key 6 = VE 202 (overflow from Dept B).
Dept B – Key 6 = VE 201 (overflow from Dept A).

15-09 ALL phones have Key 6 checked (immediate VE ringing).
15-11 ALL phones have Key 6 checked (delayed VE ringing).

Jim
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 9100 delayed ringing - 01/08/17 03:53 PM
You must have VE on both phones. You need to allocate a VE for 201 and 202 on ALL phones. Well, this is how I do it. Usually I use keys that are not on the phones ie key 25 on a 24 button phones. So

VE 201 key 25
VE 202 key 26

(if you need to know what is what ringing in you vcan make teh ring sound different.)

15-09 correct All phones need keys 25 and 26
15-11 ONLY the phones you are delaying to otherwise they will all delay. Again keys 25 and 26 respectively.

Posted By: Yoda Re: 9100 delayed ringing - 01/12/17 12:48 AM
I think I've got it Coral Tech. Made some changes but then got caught up with their paging, music and bells (see my latest post in this forum). I'll do more testing with this delayed ring, but for now they aren't too busy and there won't be any overflows. I'll let you know after the other fires get put out.

Thanks.
Jim
Posted By: Yoda Re: 9100 delayed ringing - 01/17/17 02:54 AM
Well, I think its working. At least the calls are going to the right places. I never used a key that didn't show up on the phone before. Hard to wrap my head around that one for a while. The timing is off, as it overflows and then ends up in InMail too soon. Can't seem to find the right timer.

Seems like everything is do-able, but it isn't simple. Now I'm working on the routing mailboxes and schedules, etc.. Got the DAT setup ok, but when testing, and choose the Gen Del VE, it takes 30 seconds before I hear the greeting. Another timer . . . And, I have no idea why, but the night RMB instructions played during the day. ???

Muddling on . . .
Jim
Posted By: Toolie Re: 9100 delayed ringing - 01/17/17 02:37 PM
Your extensions ring, then delayed ring to other sets using VE. You say the call goes to InMail to quickly after the overflow. That would be the delayed call forwarding timer I think.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 9100 delayed ringing - 01/17/17 09:39 PM
You need to assign a timer COS to those VE and adjust the timers so you aren't messing with everyone else's times.
Posted By: Yoda Re: 9100 delayed ringing - 01/23/17 05:02 PM
Finally getting this figured out. Yes, I did use a timer class for the VE's. That seems to be helping. The delayed ring and other RMB functions are also working. Between day and night schedules and two buildings answering different trunks, it wasn't simple. Used some VE's on keys that don't appear. Sounds kind of like black magic, but works once I drew it out on paper to understand it.

Thanks for the help.
Jim
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help