atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: eXonyte AT&T IPFlex analog to SL1100 - 01/23/17 07:24 PM
Hello all! Has anyone here had much experience in using AT&T's IPFlex/BVoIP service with the SL1100 system? If so, I'm looking for some ideas.

I've got AT&T's Ciena router feeding analog lines to the customer's SL1100 and I'm trying to work out an issue where calls are too quiet, especially on the transmit side. Adjusting the gain levels in 14-01 isn't helping enough before I get audio clipping, and the Side-Tone Auto Setup in 90-68 errors out on these lines which tells me there's something screwy with them to begin with. I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and worked out a good solution, whether it is getting AT&T to adjust things from their end or if it's as simple as choosing the right codec in 81-07 (NTAC's suggestion).

Personally, I'm leaning towards AT&T making adjustments, as bypassing the SL and calling out from my butt set is still more quiet than it should be.

Thanks!
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: AT&T IPFlex analog to SL1100 - 01/23/17 11:55 PM
If this is the one using DSL it stinks. NOTHING but issues with this service.
Posted By: dans Re: AT&T IPFlex analog to SL1100 - 01/25/17 01:42 PM
I could spend hours typing all the $%#%% AT&T has put some of our customers through on cutting them over to their IP Flex.
Posted By: eXonyte Re: AT&T IPFlex analog to SL1100 - 01/30/17 02:51 PM
dans - I'm right there with you. Porting issues galore, even when it's from AT&T POTS to IPFlex. In particular, the sales team really likes to leave the number port out completely...

Thankfully, this is not the DSL based service. It is actually fiber to the premises using an AT&T provided Ciena router with built in ATA.

I'll have to come back with an update post later on if we do work out a real solution. Thanks for the input!
Posted By: skip555 Re: AT&T IPFlex analog to SL1100 - 01/30/17 03:20 PM
Personally, I'm leaning towards AT&T making adjustments, as bypassing the SL and calling out from my butt set is still more quiet than it should be.

I would try a 2500 set or other SLT in addition to the Buttset . If its too quiet on SLT then AT&T needs to correct it .

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help