atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Remote IP Phone - 02/14/17 02:32 PM
I have several IP phones working just fine on a SV9100. But I have one IP phone that is off site at a home office. That phone registers ok. Lights and display show correct status, etc. But there is no speech audio. Open ports on the firewall are 5080, 5081 and 10020 thru 10512.

I must have missed something. Any thoughts where to look?

Thanks.
Jim
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Remote IP Phone - 02/14/17 03:08 PM
Couple things. Check your licensing and that you have updated it in 10-xx to reflect this. Make sure SIP-ALG is off at home router. Make sure that the router (at the house) is not behind another router as it will not NAT properly.
Posted By: paulw Re: Remote IP Phone - 02/14/17 08:44 PM
Make sure that PRG 15.5.45 NAT Plug and Play is turned ON for those remote stations. I work remote at home now and use NAT to a SV8100 with no problems.
Posted By: Yoda Re: Remote IP Phone - 02/15/17 03:46 PM
I have plenty of voip licenses, and the phone wouldn't register without enough licensing, would it?

With 15-05-45 turned ON, once a call is made, the phone display says "can't send RTP packets", then disconnects.

Jim
Posted By: Ken B Re: Remote IP Phone - 02/15/17 04:12 PM
Sounds like your audio ports are closed - I had this same problem with a WatchGuard firewall - It showed the ports were open, but they were actually closed - had to get WatchGuard support to log into it and fix since there wasn't a way for their IT guy to fix it.
Posted By: Yoda Re: Remote IP Phone - 03/06/17 11:25 PM
The IT guy has been looking into this from his point of view. He talked with his Fortigate firewall support and they said the SIP port is 5060 in the firewall, and that is the industry standard. He knew the IP phone was set for 5080.

He's wondering whether to change the firewall setting from the industry standard of 5060, to 5080. Or, should we change the SV9100 to the industry standard of 5060? What implications would either of these changes have? I know I would at least have to visit each IP phone and change it's port. That wouldn't be too bad.

I have one IP Polycom speakerphone that is configured for the 3rd party port of 5060. Hope it doesn't break that.

Thanks.
Jim
Posted By: Yoda Re: Remote IP Phone - 03/07/17 01:47 AM
Oh, 5060 is for trunking. So forget what I said. Going to leave it all at 5080, etc.

Jim
Posted By: oobie Re: Remote IP Phone - 03/14/17 02:21 PM
5080 is for the phones. As stated above something in one of the routers or modems is blocking the audio.

I just had one the other day the phone was behind a Cisco docsis modem in bridged mode that wouldn't let the phone work properly. We had the cable company put in a straight Arris cable modem in bridged mode and all has been fine.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help