atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda SV9100 DIL/IRG No Answer Destination - 02/25/17 08:46 PM
I'm looking at 22-08. At first I thought I could use it for either DIL or Normal trunks in a ring group.

But reading the fine print and thinking about it, perhaps it can only be used for DIL. It can assign a DIL to an IRG if unanswered.

Has anyone used it and what is the correct usage?

Thanks.
Jim
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV9100 DIL/IRG No Answer Destination - 02/26/17 03:52 AM
What is the application?
Posted By: Yoda Re: SV9100 DIL/IRG No Answer Destination - 02/26/17 04:25 AM
Would like to have trunks 1-5 ring IRG 1 in building A. Trunks 6-8 ring IRG 2 in building B. If unanswered at either IRG, then 22-08 would make the other IRG ring in the other building as an "overflow". During night mode calls can all overflow to InMail.

Jim
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV9100 DIL/IRG No Answer Destination - 02/26/17 02:31 PM
Going off specifically what you wrote. Trunks defined as normal. Create ring groups for both buildings say 1 and 2. During day bldg 1 goes to ring group 1 then overflows to group 2 and vise versa. At night goes to correct bldg ring group then overflows to ring group 102.
Posted By: Yoda Re: SV9100 DIL/IRG No Answer Destination - 02/26/17 03:40 PM
Thanks Coral Tech. Had that part figured out, but was wondering if 22-08 works for Normal as well as DIL. Sounds like it does.

Thanks.
Jim
Posted By: Yoda Re: SV9100 DIL/IRG No Answer Destination - 02/26/17 10:48 PM
Once the trunk has transferred to the no answer destination ring group, will it still continue to ring in it's original ring group also?

Thank you.
Jim
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV9100 DIL/IRG No Answer Destination - 02/27/17 02:00 AM
Well see that changes things again. Two ways to slay that. One you make 3 ring groups or two you use virtual extensions and DIL for that. Personally I almost always use VE when I have more than one business. This allows WAY more flexibility in ringing (timing AND audibles) and routing.
Posted By: Yoda Re: SV9100 DIL/IRG No Answer Destination - 02/27/17 02:54 AM
Well, I had it all setup with DIL and VE's, after lots of work, gnashing of teeth and support, including yours. But discovered I can't get the contact closure I need for the existing bells.

So now I'm going to do the Normal with IRG method and get a line voltage bell to connect to an SLT port. Begin-RANT: I'm so frustrated right now with this thing I could spit. The simple act of making a bell ring shouldn't be so difficult. I hate to say it. The old systems I used to work on had a pair on the output block called "auxillary ringer". Just connect to it and program Yes for the extension. End-RANT.

I do appreciate your help Coral Tech. I guess I don't see the third ring group. I'll look at it in the morning.

Jim
Posted By: Yoda Re: SV9100 DIL/IRG No Answer Destination - 02/27/17 04:49 AM
Oh, I might have it. The third ring group includes all extensions from both buildings? The no answer destination goes to the third ring group?

Just had to step away from it for awhile.

Jim
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV9100 DIL/IRG No Answer Destination - 02/27/17 12:02 PM
Correct.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV9100 DIL/IRG No Answer Destination - 02/27/17 04:08 PM
I can count on one hand how many mechanical ringers I still have in place. I agree a contact closure would be better but they have ring over page so most the time it's never an issue.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help