atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Refreshrate Pressing 9 for an outside line - 03/02/17 08:34 PM
I have an extension where the user has to press their primary line to get an outside line. She is at a different site. On my extension, I don't have to do that. Is this a system feature or is this per extension and what do i do to fix this.

Thanks.
Posted By: dans Re: Pressing 9 for an outside line - 03/02/17 09:47 PM
Model number of the phone system?

Preference for Dial 9, press a line key or pick up the handset for a outside line is done on a per phone basis.
Posted By: Refreshrate Re: Pressing 9 for an outside line - 03/03/17 12:12 PM
NEC IVS 2000.
Posted By: helpifican Re: Pressing 9 for an outside line - 03/03/17 12:29 PM
Check and compare the prime line pick up assignment. It's usually set to the prime line. It can be set to pick an outside line, or it may not have been set to anything.
Posted By: Refreshrate Re: Pressing 9 for an outside line - 03/03/17 06:01 PM
Not sure what commands to use to verify what you are asking me to do. I don't have a lot of experience with the commands.
Posted By: scotttoolguy Re: Pressing 9 for an outside line - 03/03/17 06:45 PM
Then you need to call an NEC technician. Plain and simple. The Neax 2000 is NOT for beginners!
Posted By: Refreshrate Re: Pressing 9 for an outside line - 03/03/17 08:18 PM
I understand. Thanks. Just the same, I would like to know. I don't see how looking at the programming on ext could hurt. It seems that if I press the speaker key on my phone and get an outside line and when she presses the speaker, nothing happens, that I could compare the the programming on the phones.
Posted By: conxtel Re: Pressing 9 for an outside line - 03/05/17 05:12 PM
Outbound calling on an IVS 2000 is not a user level programming option.

If you do not know how to access programming to reach the appropriate command, you need to call a technician. The programming manual for the 2000 is a 450+ page document, not designed for end users.

Posted By: scotttoolguy Re: Pressing 9 for an outside line - 03/06/17 01:02 PM
Refreshrate,

You stated "I don't have a lot of experience..."

THAT tells me YOU NEED AN NEC TECHNICIAN!!!

Enough said!
Posted By: Refreshrate Re: Pressing 9 for an outside line - 03/13/17 05:55 PM
Thank you scotTOOLguy. You are most helpful in a forum of people asking for help. I should have done exactly as you said because you said so and you followed up with your infinite wisdom. I did know that I could call a technician. I do know that the phone switch is very complex. And I do know my limitations of what I should touch and not touch. And if you are not going answer with help, then why answer a post at all.

Don't bother responding. You've said enough!!! I won't be using this site anymore.
Posted By: phonetroll Re: Pressing 9 for an outside line - 04/03/17 07:31 PM
command 93 for the "my line" -- it's likely her my line isn't set up so the phone doesn't give dial tone once the handset is lifted. basically a my line tells the phone what line to pick up when the handset is lifted.
Posted By: fonemanlee Re: Pressing 9 for an outside line - 04/28/17 02:20 PM
Refreshrate, I do not feel Scottoolguy was out of line, at all. I have programmed this system since early in 1997. Giving you the program to look at would not give you much help. That system has the ability to set each extension differently. The feature you are asking about is not a default setting to accomplish what you want. If you are not familiar with what setting to change/adjust you will likely alter something that you don't want changed.
Posted By: phonetroll Re: Pressing 9 for an outside line - 04/29/17 01:06 AM
The guy has access to the PBX and has made changes as noted in other threads here. It doesn't hurt to give the guy command 93. If he doesn't know where to send that command, then I understand the push for a "qualified" tech. But there's literally no harm done within command 93 within a single extension. None. So it was a little harsh, IMO.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Pressing 9 for an outside line - 04/29/17 03:11 AM
Our policy here is to tell people what to do, but not how to do it. For example, the OP could have been given the 'command 93' hint and left it at that. Anyone who understands the programming structure would respond with a thank-you. If they respond with "what do you mean?", then it's time to advise contacting a technician. There's no reason to beat someone up during their initial visit here for help.

Refreshrate, if you're still around, please understand that we're just trying to be careful in order to keep people from doing more harm than good.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help