atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teldata1 Aspire M 7.32 Resets (on Monday Morning) - 03/21/17 12:52 PM
Hello,

I have a strange one, Aspire M been installed for years without any issues

last few months system has been shutting down for no apparent reason it seems to come back up on its own and then shuts down again (I haven't been there to witness this just feed back from customer) I usually just walk customer thru over the phone to shut down voice mail card (Aspire Mail) pull out card then shut down phone system (2) Cabinets (4) Power supplies

Then every thing is back to normal for the rest of the week

seems to be happening on Monday mornings its a School with about a hundred phones (3) external paging zones

I just swapped out the CPU to see if it makes a difference

just wondering if anyone had any thoughts

FYI its not 90-09
Posted By: DND ON Re: Aspire M 7.32 Resets (on Monday Morning) - 03/21/17 04:56 PM
Could it be the UPS? I had a UPS that did a self-test weekly, but the battery was shot and it dumped the load.
It was plugged into the UPS in the beginning then we move it to the wall right now it's in the wall and it has happen in both situations so not sure what it is
Probably going to just have to wait until Monday to see what happens
Posted By: oobie Re: Aspire M 7.32 Resets (on Monday Morning) - 03/23/17 07:51 PM
is it on the network? is some one blasting the IP of it? I know I had a SV8100 that would do the same thing and we were using a non default port and we found that is what was happening.
Phone system or the voicemail system?
I could I find this out ...what would be a reason for this
They do have 3 devices in the phone system CPU,Aspire Mail,Conference card

Phone System... all phones go dead ..
when the customer onsite goes into the phone room all the lights are still flashing normal I was thinking the voicemail is trying to shut down first
Posted By: dans Re: Aspire M 7.32 Resets (on Monday Morning) - 03/25/17 07:11 PM
TDM Or IP phones?
TDM
Posted By: dans Re: Aspire M 7.32 Resets (on Monday Morning) - 03/26/17 04:57 PM
It sounds like a power issue.
Find out if any electrical work was done around the time the system started acting up.

If it happens again after the CPU swap I would run a extension cord to a different circuit for testing purposes.

Test the UPS to see how long it holds up after power loss. I would unplug it with the Aspire still on it to see.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help