atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: erniejoey Inmail Dead Air - 06/02/17 11:53 AM
SV9100 Inmail answers but with dead air, no prompts on some ports. Happens on all software versions including 6.00.60. Have to reset the system to clear the problem. I am sure this has happened to other techs. Does anybody have a resolution for this problem.
Posted By: dans Re: Inmail Dead Air - 06/02/17 12:33 PM
I have not come across this one, what does NTAC have to say?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Inmail Dead Air - 06/02/17 02:26 PM
Nope. Never seen this and I have quite a few in the field. Are you defaulting the system on a fresh install?
Posted By: phonetroll Re: Inmail Dead Air - 06/02/17 07:24 PM
We ran into this in a few locations and I usually just use it as an opportunity to upgrade to the latest firmware.

I have not been available for half a day once when it happened, and the issue resolved itself in that instance.

It's very strange, and I have not experienced it on V6.

It also very rare to happen for me, maybe 3x across 15 SV9100's over 3 years. So I haven't invested much time in troubleshooting or reporting to NTAC.

Sorry that it's not much help, but I am more than happy to share my InMail config on a site that it has never happened to.
Posted By: erniejoey Re: Inmail Dead Air - 06/05/17 11:44 AM
Have not talked to NTAC yet. Happened on 6.00.60 a couple of weeks ago. Happened on a 5.00.51 last week. I have never seen it before either and we have plenty of 9100's out there.
Posted By: paulw Re: Inmail Dead Air - 06/06/17 01:18 AM
This happened last week on one of our 9100s here but after a reboot it was fine again. Have seen it on SV8100 usually after a port expansion from basic to 256 ports where the VMS ports move..
Posted By: conxtel Re: Inmail Dead Air - 06/06/17 02:47 PM
Have you tried using the InMail utility program? Had one with similar symptoms with dead air when you called in. Turned out the languages were not installed correctly on the SD card. Ran the utility program and it's worked ever since.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help