atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Del XN120 Auto Attendant Department Group Ring All - 09/18/17 04:28 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to get past a problem I'm having with Auto Attendant on a XN120, this is the first time I've used the AA feature on this system.

The goal:
When 1 is pressed from the menu it will ring 3 extensions at the same time.

What I've done:
Setup the Analogue trunks to go to VRS and recorded message 01.
Added extensions 601, 602, 603 to department group 1 - "Extension Group All Ring Mode Operation" set to Automatic.
Add pilot number to Department Group 01 (301)
Set DISA One Digit Code received digit 1 to destination 301 (department group 01)

The problem:
Auto Attendant works fine, but when 1 is pressed it rings 601 then 602 then 603 instead of ringing all three extensions at the same time.
However if I manually dial 301 from one of the other extensions, all three phone do ring at the same time and no hunting is present.

For some reason the AA seems to behave different to internally dialing the Department Group.

I'm sure it's something easy I'm missing, but a bit stuck at the moment.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.
From this side of the pond I have no idea what XN120 stands for. We need some kind of model number to cross reference with.
The XN120 programs up like the SL1100/SV8100/SV9100/SL2100 systems. You can probably do this with virtual extensions. Instead of department groups, create a virtual extension then place it on a button of all of those phones. Set the AA to call the virtual, and all of the phones with that appearance set to ring will ring. Department groups are like hunt groups, linear or circular, and a station set to call forward takes it out of the group.
Originally Posted by dans
From this side of the pond I have no idea what XN120 stands for. We need some kind of model number to cross reference with.

Sorry XN120 is the only model number I can find, not sure what that is outside of the UK.

Originally Posted by helpifican
The XN120 programs up like the SL1100/SV8100/SV9100/SL2100 systems. You can probably do this with virtual extensions. Instead of department groups, create a virtual extension then place it on a button of all of those phones. Set the AA to call the virtual, and all of the phones with that appearance set to ring will ring. Department groups are like hunt groups, linear or circular, and a station set to call forward takes it out of the group.

2 of the 3 phones are SLT, so I'm not able to use any buttons on those - no forwards set on any extension.
What I can't understand is why the department group works fine and rings all when called manually, but not when coming from the AA.
It was never sold in North America. It's a small hybrid key system made in China by NEC Infrontia and is basically programmed the same as the SV8100 etc . It was released down in my part of the world as a Topaz
which was replaced by the SL1100 As a basic system it was fine but if you tried to make it complicated was a dog.. .

I went back to my emails going back to 2004 and found this

Unfortunately you can not route an AA call to a Dept group via single digit dialing.
There is however a work round that will work with one ring group only.
1. MB 22.04.xx. Set the phones you want to ring into a ring group say
RG2.
2. 25.03.xx Transfer ring group with incorrect dialing. Set the mode
that you are using. I.e. mode 1 = day , mode 2 = nite on the trunks that you are using to access the AA to the ring group set up in MB22.04. This is an error trap
3. 25.06.xx Set the single digit level that you want to access the
extensions with an invalid number i.e star * When the call comes into the AA and the user dials single digit to access the ring group this will be routed to *. As * is invalid the error trap set in MB25.03.xx will route the call to RG2 set up in para 1.

Hope it helps.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help