atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda LD call return on SL1100 - 10/16/17 06:40 PM
I mentioned this here a long time ago, but never got it resolved, and actually forgot about it for awhile. But the customer has politely reminded me.

SL1100 with lines from Mediacom. When the customer looks at their missed call list, they used to be able to just select a missed call from the caller ID list, and return the call. Now, since changing to the local telco (Windstream), the returned call fails and goes to busy. Because there has not been a "1" dialed ahead of the caller ID number. They claim this worked fine with Mediacom. Now it doesn't work with Windstream. Nothing should have changed in the SL1100.

I've added a 1 in 15-02-40 for the extensions, but no change. Previously someone had mentioned that I need to use Auto Route Selection (ARS), but that seems like a lot, especially when it worked before. I did play around with ARS but no luck, and not sure if I'm doing ARS correctly. I suppose ARS is needed to distinguish between calls that need a 1 and those that don't? Any thoughts on getting return calls to dial out?

Thanks.
Jim
Posted By: dans Re: LD call return on SL1100 - 10/16/17 07:53 PM
Windstream is requiring the 1 for local calls, your customer can try asking Windstream to change things on their end, if they refuse you will have to use ARS.
Posted By: helpifican Re: LD call return on SL1100 - 10/16/17 08:20 PM
There is a way to add 1 to caller ID callback. It's in the feature and specs manual, under "Caller ID - Manual/Automatic Callback".

Posted By: dans Re: LD call return on SL1100 - 10/16/17 08:39 PM
Caller ID call return is for voice mail, (when a mailbox user retrieves messages they can have voicemail dial the number it logged for that message).
Again if Telco is requiring 1 for local calls ARS will need to be programmed and enabled.
Posted By: Yoda Re: LD call return on SL1100 - 10/20/17 03:02 AM
I was calling it 'call return', which is wrong. It's actually Caller ID Callback. What you mentioned Helpifican, was perfect. That did the trick. Thank you and my customer thanks you.

Jim
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help