atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: R4+Z 2100 one touch keys - 10/21/17 11:21 AM
I have a customer that uses carrier features on their PSTN lines and want to store the codes on one touch keys on their multiline phones. The problem is that these codes end in a Hash (#). The customer can store these themselves but the problem I have is that the 2100 sees the # as end of dialing and doesn't send the tones for it. I know that if you place a pause after the # it will send it. the problem I have is that as this is used to network divert calls and they occasionally have to change the number, I need to be able to tell them how to enter the pause from the phone. Yes I can enter it from the PC via PcPro or WebPro but the system isn't on the network so WebPro is out and the customer doesn't have PcPro so either I have to change it or find out how to enter the pause.

In reading the (lengthy) userguide, I have found that in some circumstances the transfer key will insert a pause and in others the mute key is used. However, in order to not look dumb I don't want to go in and experiment in front of the customer. Can anyone help with a definitive answer?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 2100 one touch keys - 10/21/17 09:20 PM
Have you tried ##?
Posted By: R4+Z Re: 2100 one touch keys - 10/23/17 10:42 PM
Coral Tech,

Ironically the pause (which was NEC's solution) prevented anything going out to line. Your solution worked though so thanks.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 2100 one touch keys - 10/24/17 12:41 AM
Ya something in the back of my head from the Aspire made me think of it. Good to hear.
Posted By: nedicz Re: 2100 one touch keys - 11/09/17 08:17 AM
Thanks everybody! Works fine!!

BR
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help