atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DMontgomery SL1100 - Department Group - Rings Busy - 12/28/17 10:07 PM
Hello all,

I'm trying to setup a new department group and cannot seem to get it to ring. When I dial it (3104) it always rings busy.

I setup

16-01: I added group 4 and set options
16-02: I set two extension up with Department group 4
11-07: I confirmed that Department Group 4 has an extension of 3104

I am stumped as to why it would ring busy when dialed despite both extensions being free. It is as if there is another place to setup that I've missed.

Thanks!!
The extensions can not have any forwarding features on them.
Posted By: jsaad Re: SL1100 - Department Group - Rings Busy - 12/29/17 02:58 AM
I would just use a virtual extension, for example x249 with a ringing appearance on those phones in question.

one time i talked to ntac about departments i was told don't bother and use the virtual extension.
I have started working with VIrtual Extensions and they appear to be able to do what I'm after. Right now I have a virtual extension where it will ring multiple phones at the same time, am I able to set it up so that it rings the phones one at a time?

With a Department Group this appeared to be based on a priority you would assign each extension. Not sure if VE's have anything similar.

I'm open to other suggestions if there is a better option altogether, InMail or something else.

Thanks!!
Posted By: phonedog Re: SL1100 - Department Group - Rings Busy - 01/16/18 11:53 PM
System needs reset for new groups to take effect.
I had a system recently on V6.11 firmware which seemed to have the dept groups out of sync. Ringing dept group 1 pilot would ring phones in dept group 2, and so on. Upgrading to V7.01 cured the odd behaviour on that system, but unsure exactly why. Ringing a dept group with no phones in it, or them all busy would result in busy tone.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help