atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phonedog DTZ-8R-1 cordless on SL1100 - 01/15/18 08:13 PM
SL1100 latest software version: Just installed DTZ-8R-1 (3 of them) and had several issues: Severe echo. After doing analog side tone calibration it was much better and now I see a procedure from NTAC to reduce echo by lowering gain of the handset...will try that tomorrow. 2nd issue: This is really annoying. After talking for awhile the display goes off (or dim) and when the call is completed pressing the END button doesnt hang up the line it only restores the display then you have to END again. Any way around this? After I left I wondered if the LCD timeout in programming would affect this? The MENU timeout option on the handset has no effect on this.
Posted By: Ken B Re: DTZ-8R-1 cordless on SL1100 - 01/15/18 08:45 PM
There are some known issues with the DTZ unit - NEC is working with the manufacturer to get it resolved.
Posted By: phonedog Re: DTZ-8R-1 cordless on SL1100 - 01/17/18 12:01 AM
NTAC procedure for changing TX/RX level of handset (cordless) worked for severe side-tone volume (echo).

Another annoying aspect of these phone: If you put someone on hold from the DTZ you have to press END to be able to use the navigation key to select the line and THEN press Select to get them back! The DTL-8R-1 was much easier....just press a flashing red line key!!

NTAC says no way around the display timeout.
Posted By: phonedog Re: DTZ-8R-1 cordless on SL1100 - 01/18/18 09:17 PM
Is there any way to tell which line you have on hold if multiple lines are holding? It would have been great if it was GREEN! Even having the display indicating a line would help.
Posted By: cswroe Re: DTZ-8R-1 cordless on SL1100 - 01/20/18 01:19 PM
The only success I have had is to disable all the power saving features and to keep the display on all the time. This eliminates having to press something twice to do a single function once the display is off.
The phone is a disaster and I have had to deal with some pretty unsatisfied customers, especially those that have the older DETC phones.
Posted By: phonedog Re: DTZ-8R-1 cordless on SL1100 - 01/21/18 10:21 PM
Glad to see someone else hates these! I turned off Power Save in the phone menu and the display now dims but you still have to bring it back to life with a button press before you can do anything. How do you keep the display on all of the time? NTAC said it isnt possible. Whats battery life like with it on all of the time?
Posted By: cswroe Re: DTZ-8R-1 cordless on SL1100 - 01/22/18 07:50 PM
Try Menu Timeout in settings, can't recall exactly but think that was it. The ones in use are generally on a charger unless someone is away from their desk, and generally that is not more than an hour. Have not received any complaints on the battery life.

I am not 100% positive on the display not turning off now, but I think that menu timeout was the solution.
Posted By: phonedog Re: DTZ-8R-1 cordless on SL1100 - 01/22/18 07:59 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. Menu Timeout had no effect on display for me. Turning off Power Saver DID make the display go dim instead of off but it still had to be woke up with a button push to use it. I plan to revisit the site this week and see how they are doing with it. Im considering offering them the ML440 but its new to me too and Im not sure if its the same...I know it has 4 actual line keys which is a positive.
Posted By: teldata1 Re: DTZ-8R-1 cordless on SL1100 - 02/01/18 11:05 PM
Have you had any luck with there phones .I have a customer looking for (3) Cordless phones on a Sl2100 .I always see these phones in a drawer after a while

I am wondering if I should use the older version DTL-8R-1

Any thoughts
Posted By: phonedog Re: DTZ-8R-1 cordless on SL1100 - 02/02/18 08:34 PM
I stopped at customer site yesterday and they were getting used to the display time-out and the extra button pushing.. I have some heavy (and happy) users of the DTL -8R-1 and would recommend it instead of the DTZ for now. Perhaps NEC will improve the DTZ.
Posted By: RONAROUND Re: DTZ-8R-1 cordless on SL1100 - 02/27/18 08:03 PM
Good luck finding them cordless phones new. I just ordered some batteries for a existing customer. there getting scarce also. Bad investment to buy them and not get support under warranty
Posted By: Ken B Re: DTZ-8R-1 cordless on SL1100 - 02/27/18 08:55 PM
It actually sounds like NEC is going to scrap the DTZ & work on making the ML440 option an affordable alternative...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help