atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Stutter Dial Tone on SLT - SV9100 - 03/07/18 01:14 AM
Been playing around with the 9100 Hotel package before taking it on-site. I have a single line analog phone with stutter dial tone and I can't figure out why.

If I send a MWL to the SLT, the phone will have a constant stutter dial tone while there is a message waiting.
However, with no messages sent, the stutter tone I hear now is only a couple of beeps, then regular dial tone.

I've cleared all messages from an admin multiline phone, so not sure where the short stutter is coming from. Any ideas where to look?

Thank you.
Jim
Posted By: paulw Re: Stutter Dial Tone on SLT - SV9100 - 03/07/18 02:38 AM
Sounds like you have a Call FWD set. Have a look in PRG 24.09 and see if it is set.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: Stutter Dial Tone on SLT - SV9100 - 03/07/18 03:08 AM
This might help.?????This is from Nec AspireSingle Line Telephones: Option Added for New Dial Tone with Message Wait/Voice Mail
A new dial tone option has been added for single line telephones.
15-03-17 : Single Line Telephone Basic Data Setup - Dial Tone Select
When an SLT user has received a Message Waiting or Voice Mail message, this option allows the system to provide an initial stutter dial tone (three beeps then normal dial tone) when the SLT handset is lifted. This program has two options: Normal Dial Tone (0) and New Dial Tone (1) . By default, this option is set to 0 for all extensions.
Posted By: Yoda Re: Stutter Dial Tone on SLT - SV9100 - 03/08/18 05:11 PM
Paul - Thanks. I was looking to clear something from the phone. Forgot to look in programming. 24-09 did indeed have CF turned on, but no number was entered. That cleard up the stutter tone.

ATechguy - The 9100 doesn't have option 17 in that program. But I suspect it's in there somewhere. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for the help gentlemen.

Jim
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help