atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DankyChado SV8100 KCCIS - 03/15/18 02:36 PM
Hi All,

We have a site that has a strange issue when trying to dial internal Ext's via IP trunks. We have IPL-A32's installed at both locations. This is a new issue as calling across worked fine for many years. All sites are networked together via VPN. The VPN between the locations are verified up and communication between sites are all fine.

So here is what is going on - When site A calls to site B, the correct IP Trk is accessed but the call will never completes, it's just dead air. However, while site A cannot call to site B, calling from site B to site A completes no problem. Here's where is gets interesting, after Site B calls to site A and the call is answered, site A can now call back to site B!?!?!?If no answers at Site A and the calls transfers to voicemail, the connection is still broken, the only way it corrects itself is if someone from site A actually answers the call from site B.

Any insight or suggestions is greatly appreciated!
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV8100 KCCIS - 03/15/18 06:07 PM
Has ANYTHING changed. Trunking (telephone lines), day/night, adding extensions etc... Have the systems been rebooted?
Posted By: dans Re: SV8100 KCCIS - 03/16/18 02:06 PM
This sure sounds like a IT issue with the VPN. I would confirm with their IT they haven't made any changes.
Posted By: DankyChado Re: SV8100 KCCIS - 04/11/18 04:15 PM
Thank you for the replies! This is still an issue and on top of this, we now have encountered a new problem.

All sites have an IPSec tunnel that funnels through their Corporate location. When a remote office dials the Corporate site, Corporate hears the caller just fine, but the remote site is complaining that they are not hearing all of the conversation, words are being cutoff. We have replaced the IPL-B at the Corporate site and but this has not made a difference. The Firewall at Corporate is a Palo, the remote sites are using SonicWalls and Junipers. However, they have installed a Palo at one remote location and the problem is still present.

Not sure if there is a compatibility issue with the NEC and PALO but all the issues seem to have popped up after the PALO was installed.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV8100 KCCIS - 04/11/18 08:41 PM
Voice quality issues are almost ALWAYS network related. Are you using MPLS or some sort of network that allows for QOS control?
Posted By: DankyChado Re: SV8100 KCCIS - 04/12/18 04:48 PM
Coral, thanks for the reply.

There is no MPLS, all sites are connected via a VPN. Voice quality is really not an issue here. QOS is enabled to grant voice traffic highest priority, however, we all know we are at the mercy of the internet with no PTP or MPLS in place. This has NEVER been an issue in the past, every now and again the VPN may have needed to be reset, but only when calling from site to site was down. Site to site works just fine, the corporate location can hear all the remotes sites just fine with no interruptions, only the remotes sites are complaining that every other word is being cut off. That said, the call NEVER drops, it stays connected.

Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV8100 KCCIS - 04/12/18 05:19 PM
Well there you go. You are trying to nail jello to the wall. Have you tried resetting everything? I mean you can run continuous network tests to see if something is failing. I suppose I would start at the main location because it seems to be the common denominator. Test for packet loss and latency. Just because it worked in the past doesn't mean you internet provider hasn't done something or has something going on.
Posted By: DankyChado Re: SV8100 KCCIS - 04/12/18 07:41 PM
All sites have been reset and the IPLA was replaced with a IPLB at the Corporate location. Once the routes were removed from the SonicWall and moved to the new Palo Alto, that is when all hell broke loose. I think that's more than just a coincidence.

This customer has all different carriers ranging from AT&T Fiber, Comcast Fiber, Comcast Coax, Verizon FiOS, never an issue. The Corporate site is on Comcast fiber 500/500, def not a bandwidth issue. Testing between sites show no signs of latency that would cause any problems. The site we have been testing with also has Comcast fiber but their pipe is only 50/50 as they only have 8 users. They also changed the firewall

There was a SonicWall in place that handled all the IPSEC tunneling in the past, since moving the routes over to the new Palo Alto the problem has reared its head. We are moving one remote site back to the SonicWall for testing. I will followup once this is completed.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV8100 KCCIS - 04/15/18 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by Coral Tech
Has ANYTHING changed. Trunking (telephone lines), day/night, adding extensions etc... Have the systems been rebooted?

Thus my very first question.
Posted By: DankyChado Re: SV8100 KCCIS - 04/16/18 05:21 PM
Coral - Nothing has changed on the NEC side, only a new Firewall on the network.

Further testing is showing a spike to the IPLB when sending constant pings, every 10-20 seconds. We removed the cat6 feed cable from the NEC, we've replaced it with a new CAT6 patch cord that runs from the IPLB directly to the switch, no feed in between but same spikes. We moved the patch cord from one switch and connected it to another, same spikes.

We've also noticed that the NEC will only connect at 100/half duplpex, even if we set 10-12-11 to 100/full, 10-12-11 was set to AUTO.

I've setup another system on the customers LAN and when we send pings to it, there are no spikes. On the second system we've connected, we have the original IPLA that was originally removed for th new IPLB, and it connects at 1GB?!?! We are going to enable the 10 Day free license and upload the current database to the new CPU this evening and test tomorrow. This could be a bad CPU and not an issue with the new firewall. I'll keep you posted.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help