atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have added a 4th CO line to an old NEC Electra system, and just found out none of the phones (Line 4 button) will actually Select the COL 4.
Additionally, no station rings, and no Line 4 button lights are on with ringing COL 4.
I have tested the CO line at the modular plug going into the COI(4) unit, all good.

Reviewing the programming table of contents, I'm unsure which command MBs would control this.
Lines 1-3 operate properly.

Seems like it would be a COL access by station/port command, but there is no such command.

Any advice appreciated.
Please try to be specific with programming references.
Thanks
First I would confirm what the 4th button is programmed as on the phones by pressing the function or feature key and the 4th button, if CO 04 or Trk 04 comes up you have a bad trunk port.
If it comes up as something else the button will need to be programmed as a trunk key.

This is not a simple thing to do, there will be multiple programming steps to take per phone in the systems main programming.
Have you tried the local NEC dealer or reseller for help?
Thanks dans.

The local NEC dealer is Out.
I have the manual and have programmed these systems for other features, I'm sure I could configure this knowing which memory blocks are involved.

Edward
Fairview Heights, IL
Were the steps taken to confirmed if each phone is or not accessing trunk 4?

You say the local NEC dealer is out, what do you mean by out, out of business, out because the dealer won't support the system, out because customer doesn't want to pay the dealer?
By "Out" I meant that my customer won't be doing business with them again. Everyone has been paid.

I have checked at least 10 of 16 phones, none are able to access trunk 4, or display it when ringing.

I'm looking at trunk to Tenant Assignments now....
Again you need to confirm the button on each phone is programmed as trunk 4, if they are you have a bad trunk port or connector.

Go to a phone, press the function key, press the button you think is trunk 4, what comes up in the display?

When trunk 4 button is pressed nothing happens, no display indication, no sound.
This is an EPro I. There is no button assignment. You activate the trunks in 3-10. It is a square system. Once activated (set to MF and not set to nil) it will work on line key 4. Remaining line keys are used for speed dials. The original installer probably set trunk 4 to nil so spd and dial 9 access will not hit a dead trunk.
Resolved. (Manual, programming, P. 2-107)

I enabled the Line key 4 for COL access using 'CO Line Selection(Installed, DP, DTMF).

LK3, Data No. 10, setting the Setting data to: MF restored the LK 4 CO line access.
Originally Posted by Edward_
Resolved. (Manual, programming, P. 2-107)

Aren't manuals fun!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help