atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teldata1 NEC SL1100 7.10 - 04/16/18 09:27 PM
I recently installed a SL1100 (8X16)

Customer is getting static on the voice messages not sure if its from CO Line they seem pretty clean (Copper)

I called in an heard something strange while listening to main greeting almost like DSL but it just happened once

couldn't get it to happen again

so I am wondering if anyone has had problems with the inmail with Static on messages only (not prompts) card

Thanks

JD

Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: NEC SL1100 7.10 - 04/16/18 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by teldata1
Customer is getting static on the voice messages not sure if its from CO Line they seem pretty clean (Copper)
The easiest way to listen for noise on the line is to isolate the CO line from the system at the D-Marc and using your buttset access the line and the most important part: dial a single digit to remove the noise of DT. Of course if it's in a machine shop call

Make sure all your CO Line connections are snug tight and no bleed over from a poorly terminated jumper. Don't use x-connect wire with modular plugs unless you are using the correct type [stranded vs solid...there is a difference].

If this is in a multi-tenant space you can see how easy it would be for a different vendor to affect your system.

I am not trying to talk down to you, I just don't know your knowledge level. aok

Keep us updated.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC SL1100 7.10 - 04/17/18 02:26 AM
Make sure the main line isn't on some sort of RJ31X going to an alarm panel or looped into anything else.. Also check the voltages and run the sidetone adjust on the system.
Posted By: ttech Re: NEC SL1100 7.10 - 04/20/18 01:19 AM
I had a system where messages left would be fine for a few seconds then just sound like white noise. I replaced the processor, calibrated the trunks. Tested that the trunks were in spec and finally had NEC replace the whole KSU with all the cards under warranty and the problem went away. I was dealing with it for a few months.
Posted By: jsaad Re: NEC SL1100 7.10 - 04/20/18 02:13 AM
yes. i had that same problem too. i did the side tone adjustment etc. I determined they only were coming from a specific caller. s/w 4.5
Posted By: teldata1 Re: NEC SL1100 7.10 - 04/28/18 12:52 PM
OK

I have not gotten any static complaints on this system but they are complaining of intermittent busy signals
I thought there was something strange going on during the install where i would press a line key and it would not light up just got a busy signal no light
I rebooted system an it seem to resolve it

however the owner (its a small doctors office) has called in several times and gets a busy signal

when he dose get thru he asked the reception if all lines where in use she says no (I think they have 7 lines )
AA answers all calls

I definitely think there something very strange going on I have not been able to create it

not sure if its voice mail related or software or Hardware

they had an NEC Aspire S in there prior with no problems that i was aware of

FYI on the static it was only while listening to a voice mail messages they never complained about it when on a call

very strange

Posted By: usbuild Re: NEC SL1100 7.10 - 04/29/18 03:58 PM
Did they add more lines when switched from Aspire?
Its a long shot, but have you asked the doctor which number he dials? Any chance line hunting not set properly?
Posted By: dans Re: NEC SL1100 7.10 - 04/30/18 12:45 PM
We have Charter cable in this area, they have been involved in business telephone lines for numerous years now and still to this day will setup new customers with lines as stand alone, no hunt. Sometimes the first 2 lines will be in a hunt group and the others as stand alone, sometime the lines will be setup in call forward no answer to the next line not giving the in-house voicemail a chance to answer, its a coin toss on how the lines will be setup.

Point of my rant is make sure the provider has the lines setup correctly.
Posted By: teldata1 Re: NEC SL1100 7.10 - 05/01/18 12:10 PM
I wonder if its has something to do with disconnect supervision like in a similar post on the SL2100
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help