atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: etdiego ext to ext intercom and transfer restrict - 05/07/18 08:16 PM
OK so SV9100, got a bit of a weird one.certain people are to be allowed to call and transfer calls to the "management" yet others should not be able to unless it goes through the secretary. Is there something I am missing on this? could use a few pointers.
Posted By: dans Re: ext to ext intercom and transfer restrict - 05/07/18 09:01 PM
Look in class of service under system options, you can program extensions to do just about anything, or not. Also toll restrictions under outgoing call service.
Hmmm. Ok I guess i was a bit vague. This is for internal calls only right now. I had looked all through the COS, and toll service is for outgoing calls only. These are internal calls or internal transfers. Just say ext 101 is a manager and 102 is a secretary and 103 is a work area. 103 is to be restricted from calling or transfering a call directly to 101, however 103 can call 102 and transfer calls to 102. 102 can call 101 and transfer calls to 101. and of course 101 can call or transfer to wherever they like. This might be a bit better to understand.
Posted By: dans Re: ext to ext intercom and transfer restrict - 05/08/18 02:40 PM
Your profile shows you as a network tech.

The end user for the SV9100 should call in a NEC certified tech. If you work for the end user they can pay to send you to a certification course.
I am an NEC certified Tech I just do more networking than phones, and surprisingly this is the first occasion I have had this request. To be specific, I work on Samsung 7100, 7200 7400, Nec IPK, IPK 2, 8100, 9100, IVS, IPS, 8300, and 8500, Adtran 7100 VOIP, Metaswitch, Some old AASTRA VOIP, I have stopped Nortel, Networking, I am Adtran, Cisco Certified, Sonicwall (online cert) and I am very proficient in Linux, specifically red hat and mandrake. Yes I do use Ubuntu but more for fun. I was trying not to call the reseller of the system (which is what NEC forces you to do now) because they are looking at the same documentation I am most of the time. Hence I am trying the msg boards first.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help