atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DMontgomery SL1100 SMDR Capture - 06/02/18 05:31 PM
Hello,

Wanted to see what everyone out there uses for capturing SMDR data. I'm wanting to do some basic reporting/analysis on our phone system. Looking for busy periods of the day and so forth. I wanted to start by just capturing the SMDR data and seeing what kind of sense I could make of it.

Anybody got any cheap or free methods of doing this? I'm guessing I can use hyperterminal or something but didn't want to recreate the wheel if someone has a good method.

Thanks!!
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: SL1100 SMDR Capture - 06/02/18 05:41 PM
"Revenue Cycle Director" doesn't give any clue as to your level of knowledge regarding programming your system [Program 35 in the manual] which is installer level and not end user.
Posted By: DMontgomery Re: SL1100 SMDR Capture - 06/02/18 06:22 PM
No really sure why my occupation seemed to cause an angry response. Yes, I'm aware of program 35 and have it setup.

If anyone else tries to do this, the more important area to look at is 10-20-05. You will need to go there and set a port number to be used. Once I found this I have started using PuTTy to capture the output, I just pointed it at the PBX IP and the Port I specified in 10-20-05.

Thanks!!
Posted By: usbuild Re: SL1100 SMDR Capture - 06/02/18 06:28 PM
Take a look at https://www.aggsoft.com/pbx-data-logger.htm
I tried them for educational purposes about 5 years ago, worked great to capture/parse data and save it into database. Not so great if you need to generate reports. their website seems to have more products and looks a lot better, maybe they improved their tools too.

Native NEC Comm Analyst would be my choice if you planning on offering it to your clients, definitely worth the price
Posted By: DMontgomery Re: SL1100 SMDR Capture - 06/02/18 06:43 PM
Thank you, no clients involved I support the PBX here at my employer. I started a demo of PBX Data Logger and similar to you wasn't super impressed. I will take a closer look at NEC Comm Analyst though.

We are in a bit of an odd place though, I don't have great confidence in the installers who originally put our PBX in. So, that is why I'm supporting myself and over the past year have been learning. Does anyone know the best path I would take to purchase the software in that case? I've found for some other things that they want to only talk to installers.

I do work with NECSL11000Distributors to get some additional support on our phone system when I encounter something I am unsure of (in addition to this forum) but so far have just used them to help get our move over to SIP Trunks complete. They seem to have their own software for call reporting though.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: SL1100 SMDR Capture - 06/02/18 07:01 PM
Thank you for clarifying your knowledge of your system. Some programming is best not left to those with idle hands.
Posted By: usbuild Re: SL1100 SMDR Capture - 06/02/18 10:23 PM
On the cheap end, it doesn’t get any better than aggsoft.
If you couldn’t program sip trunks yourself, you will definetly need qualified installer to setup Comm Analyst.
Remember you’ll be dealing with proprietary PBX, proprietary application and no access to tech support.
I’m sure someone on this forum knows how to do it.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SL1100 SMDR Capture - 06/04/18 12:50 PM
Why not just use InControl?
Posted By: DMontgomery Re: SL1100 SMDR Capture - 06/04/18 01:33 PM
Is InControl available for SL1100? I saw licensing for SL2100 but haven't been able to find for SL1100.
Posted By: usbuild Re: SL1100 SMDR Capture - 06/05/18 02:54 PM
you should ask your distributor to sign you up with NEC NTAC. Youll have access to training materials, updates, bugs, related applications, etc
Posted By: R4+Z Re: SL1100 SMDR Capture - 06/10/18 08:04 AM
I think my answer got lost in the crash so her it is again.

Has anyone tried this software before? ......

https://download.cnet.com/Pabx-Billing-System-and-Hotel-Management/3000-2065_4-10501872.html#rateit

Apparently free for smaller users.
Posted By: Lectrician Re: SL1100 SMDR Capture - 07/01/18 11:54 AM
Ive used ComCap in the past to record the data to a txt file which rotated daily. I wrote a Perl script which would allow searching and manipulation of the raw txt files. It worked very well. I paid for the licence for ComCap, otherwise I recall it stops logging every so often, requiring you to click to restart.

https://www.magsys.co.uk/comcap/
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help