atcomsystems.ca/forum
Anyone installed SIP with this? Need help. mad
It was awhile ago, I recall following instructions written for sv8100
mine is a fiber unit. Has a ethernet port on the front marked VOICE, they say I must plug phone system directly into that.
When I do, IP phones no longer work, can't ping Viop board from local network.
We did our SBC by making the ISP give us an IP in our local network. We put it at 250 and the phone system at 249. The only communication with the outside world for the phone system is to 250 and our SIP phones talk to 249. We didn't have to worry about spammers because there is no path to the SBC from the public IP and that communications is the ISP's worry.

If your phone system is plugged into the SBC it's gonna be tough for your phones to phone home LOL

Carl
how you have it setup?
SBC-> switch-> PBX and phones
SBC -> router -> switch -> PBX and phones
SBC sits on the internal network. This install is as easy as pie for SIP IMHO. The SBC has a connect of it's own to their router. The SBC will have an internal static IP address that is assigned by the IT guy or whomever. This is the address that's important to you. I've installed like 6 of these and they are like the easiest of all because you don;t have to deal with people not knowing how to configure their damn firewalls.
Not necessarily. I have two locations with SBC for voice as primary gateway handling firewall, vpn, dhcp, routing. ISP had to be envoled in firewall configuration.

Interesting, every Spectrum install I have done have been virtually the same.
Higher ups have now said it should be SBC-switch-phone system.
They only have configuration guide for NEC 3c.
Anyone have one for SL1100?
Originally Posted by Coral Tech
Both in Denver on Spectrum metro Ethernet
Originally Posted by Coral Tech

Same here in St. Louis
Spectrum needs to setup there voice port with an Internal IP address. Plug the spectrum sip port into the switch and point all sip traffic on the SL to that Internal address.
Domain and Host = SBC local IP address. SALES engineer named Adrion got on conference call and schooled the support team. There was some confusion as this was a fiber connection.
SBC to switch, phone system to switch, gateway= customers Sonicwall.
Works great.
And there are no firewall worries as the SBC is not behind the customer router.

As Coral Tech said, easy as pie from here on.

Spectrum support had me4 change the codec to 729 at on point and I forgot about it.

When it came up with incoming but no out. Changed back to 711 ONLY, all ok.
yea 711 is there priority at 20ms i believe to work correctly
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help