atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Network Busy Restart - 08/02/18 11:45 PM
An SL2100 install with one remote IP phone has been working fine since the install 6 weeks ago. Today I'm told he was disconnected twice yesterday and saw this message on the IP phone's display: "Network Busy. Restarting." Then the phone reboots.

The 2100 Alarm Report doesn't show anything since the last time rebooted it.

In researching this, I found an old thread here about an 8100 that mentions a similar problem. They were told to change the setting in 84-23-02 from the default of 3600 to a new value of 180. 84-23-02 is the IP MLT Subscribe Expires Timer. I've made that change, so we'll see what happens.

Any other thoughts on this? Thanks!
Jim
Posted By: Yoda Re: Network Busy Restart - 08/07/18 10:17 PM
It got worse yesterday and today. Restarting the IP phone every minute or two.
I had already sent an email to the IT guy, and copied my user, and was waiting for a reply, when the user says he had made some changes in his home router a while ago. He had read something about putting the phone's IP address in the router's DMZ to help audio quality. Today he read that hackers attack the DMZ, and that is why the network was so busy. He removed his router changes and all is well!

Jim
Posted By: Regan Re: Network Busy Restart - 08/09/18 03:20 PM
Is this phone connected Nat Traversal or with a
VPN? If it is a NAT phone static assign an IP address in the phone and port forward UDP 5060-5061 and UDP 3462-3463 to the IP of the phone on the phone side Router.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help