atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jason Aleski SV9100 with a few UC Issues - 08/24/18 09:33 PM
Current Environment:
[list]
[*]SV9100 at 8.00.0
[*]PCPro at 7.99.10
[*]UC Suite at 5.5.04

I've got a few issues going on. They are not related, other than they are issues in the UC Suite. Curious if anyone has experienced them

1a) If an ACD Agent (ie: 486) enters an incorrect ID (ie: 489; not part of ACD Group), they are still able to log in to the ACD group. However, it creates a bogus AGENT 489 in the UC Suite. Every few weeks, I get complaints from the department managers that agent X is in their reports and wants it removed. I remove it from the UC Admin, but always mention the agents need to enter their correct code! Is there a way to prevent them from logging in with an incorrect login id?

1b) Same reference to 1a. There are two agents in the UC Admin that UC gives me an error when attempting to delete. I noticed that both the agents have the extension of "45#" or "48#". I think it has something to do with the # as their extension. Anyone know of a way to delete these two agents? I've been tempted to see of there was some sort of database back-end and directly edit; but that's a little dangerous!

2) I'm having trouble with the UC Server not updated extension information from the server. Today, after a reboot, it synced. It seems that sometimes the Web Services stop. I typically have to restart the UC Web Server about every two weeks. If that doesn't work, I usually just reboot the Windows box running on the MIS blade. Is this normal?

3) I'm trying to better understand our UC Suite, Desktop Application (we haven't deployed), and web applications. I've seen references to things such as the Lau Application Manager, directories like "/html/apps", PhonePro, etc. Have these been replaced by the UC Suite or are they a different beast all together?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV9100 with a few UC Issues - 08/26/18 01:00 AM
1a) Pretty sure you can remove the necessity of dialing an ID.

1b)Sounds corrupt. Did you do a complete uninstall of the UC software before upgrading it?

2) See 1b and if you are having issues you can have the system refresh on a schedule. Resync has to be done manually (or on a scheduled re-boot) per your NEC training.

3) All different things that do different tasks. UC Suite is presence and call control (the PC program has a LOT more that it can do).

I suggest getting certified or if not possible get a tech that can work on it.
Posted By: Jason Aleski Re: SV9100 with a few UC Issues - 10/09/18 06:23 AM
Coral,

Sorry for such a delay, but thanks for the reply.

1) These particular sets of phones are logging into ACD groups. Our system was setup to use logins, but if there is a way around it, that would be great. I'll dig through the ACD Manual. I know there are logins and AIC, but I'll look more into it.

1b, 2) Yea, it could be could be corruption. During the last upgrade, it took the tech over 8 hours (span across 2 days) to complete the MIS/UC Upgrade. I didn't realize the resync had to be done manually. I guess I would have thought there was a more automated way.

3) I've only went to the Foundations Course. Everything else has been self-taught. The local company that installed the system and helps us maintain it are good at communications, but it seems that every question I have outside of the basics, they have to research it. I know they work on many different phone systems, but they pushed this product. Don't get me wrong, the SV9100 seems to be a good system, but overly complex. Everytime they do something, it seems they have to get their partner or NEC involved; which drives up costs. Plus, NEC is a pain to deal with; at least from my perspective. They classify us as an "End User", even through we have went through some training. It took my two years just to get NEC to allow me access to the Features and Specs manual through their website. It's just been frustrating!
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV9100 with a few UC Issues - 10/09/18 12:46 PM
Jason,

1) Look at 41-01-02 set it to 0. No login code should now be required.

1b) That is crazy. It takes on a good working PC about 20 minutes to install the services. Seriously, not rocket science.

3) The system is designed for dealers to really do the programming. The 2100 is an end user system. Been working on these systems for a long time now ever since the Nitsuko days. I came from Siemens, Nortel and Tadiran (and others) so every system has it's (you just have to know) parts of programming. Most telco programming is logic 101 no matter what system. This is why I fume when I have to fix Cisco issues. Computer guys should KNOW programming logic..period. This system is designed to have end user administration, not end user programming critical functions. All higher end systems are that way. Just like anything else, you have to have a good company working with you that installed it (and know the system). I could go on and on Black Box installs...shudder that I had to fix. It's not NEC that is the problem, they are doing what they are supposed to by supporting the dealer not end user for this product line. Hope I helped somewhat.
Posted By: dans Re: SV9100 with a few UC Issues - 10/09/18 03:20 PM
You are dead on Coral Tech!
Except I wouldn't have given the program number.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV9100 with a few UC Issues - 10/09/18 05:12 PM
LOL dans no I looked it up on my house system. LOL I remember like 0 programming numbers.
Posted By: Jason Aleski Re: SV9100 with a few UC Issues - 10/16/18 06:19 PM
Coral,

Thanks again for the insight. I'll look into 41-01-02. Currently ours is set to 3.

I think the biggest hurdle on the UC Suite upgrade was the actual install. The installation was working in the background and the tech was just "watching the paint to dry". Just just took an incredible length of time for the install to occur. Our local phone provider/re-seller did the upgrade (and primarily who supports us. They called their distributor and then their distributor called NEC to see why it was taking over an hour to install. After a couple of hours, they just fully waited for the install to either complete or error out. Yes, it didn't seem like rocket science, but I've never seen an install take so long without showing any sign of progress. We were watching the CPU of the MIS blade and it was working, just wasn't showing any progress.

On your comment of programming and logic; I'm hoping that wasn't meant as an insult. I understand that NEC sells through a network of distributors and re-sellers; and their primary focus is them, since that is their direct customers. This is similar to IBM and Ford; where you have to go to your local company/dealership for service. However, I think even as an end user, if that person went through an NEC authorized/certified training program; one could at least download the most recent manuals or put in a potential bug request. And maybe we bought the system from the wrong company...even if they are an authorized re-seller, they can't seem to support it beyond the basic functions. On the reference to programming logic 101, I agree, but I'm also a programmer who not only writes code for enterprise systems, but also writes automation programs for PLC devices (high voltage relays/switching, pumps, pneumatic lefts, etc) and even some home/SMB business automation systems (lighting control, security, audio controls, RS485, etc); that even includes maintaining routers, switches, VPN's MPLS networks for not only data, but also voice, video and other converged systems (even with QOS). Even with companies like Cisco, I have to buy through a reseller, but can still get support directly from Cisco as long as there is an active contract. From a phone system perspective, there are times I wish I was still working on an old Meridian 1/Norstar a previous company had or our old Avaya system (which still had an original Bell emblem on it! I will say the Cisco Call Manager and Express was a nightmare!
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV9100 with a few UC Issues - 10/16/18 06:57 PM
Jason,

No problem, Ya, unfortunately there are WAY to many install monkeys in the field anymore. Obviously there was an issue with that blade (or OS) that any good tech could have recognized immediately. Ya, trust me, when I have to call NEC for an issue it's an issue and not because I don't know wtf I am doing. Drives me insane waiting on hold because some guy can't figure out he/she punched a jack down wrong.

No insult intended. This is a clear case you probably have a vendor that doesn't know the system as well as they should. I can tell you that some companies that install that are HUGE shouldn't be in the business. This is why ANY system on the market if your installing company isn't good you will not be happy. NEC doesn't do end user unless it's an end user system. Don't get me wrong the SV9100 is an amazing system for it's cost. They are extremely reliable and do a lot.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help