atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jayhill IPK Power Supply Question - 10/25/18 03:39 PM
Greetings all,

We have an NEC IPK Elite that appears to have a power supply that died earlier in the week. Employees indicated that they heard a pop then phones went dead. The power LED doesn't light anymore and one employee indicated that he smelled the telltale smell of burnt electronics. (I haven't been to the location so I can't tell, myself.) I found what I thought was a replacement power supply online and had it overnighted however the part number is slightly different. The IPK's potentially dead supply is a P64-u20 while the one that arrived is a P64-u10. The U10 fits into the IPK however it's power LED flashes when we power it on as do the indicator lights on the cards in the system. Output voltages and currents are listed as the same on both supplies however I feel like I'm missing something here.

My question is this: Do I need to keep on the hunt for a U20 or do you all suspect that there's more going on here than a power supply is going to fix?
Can anyone suggest a source for a U20 as well?

I'd like to get a little more time out of this older system however I don't want to throw money at it if it's not going to be fruitful.

Thank you!
J
Posted By: helpifican Re: IPK Power Supply Question - 10/25/18 04:13 PM
The U-10 and U-20 should both work in that system. You may have some defective cards, or the replacement PSU may be bad.
I would power down and remove all cards, then power up and check the voltages. Power down then add in the CPU and power up. Add cards in one at a time to see if any bring the system down. You might also check out the back plane looking for any burn marks.
Posted By: jayhill Re: IPK Power Supply Question - 10/25/18 04:15 PM
I'll give that a go. Thank you!
Posted By: jayhill Re: IPK Power Supply Question - 10/29/18 02:58 PM
Well, it turns out that it was a defective card that was causing the system trouble. Thank you for the help!!!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help