atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Voice Announce and BGM Volume - 12/17/18 02:28 PM
As far as I can tell, if you change the volume while on a voice announced call, when you hang up, the background music volume is changed to be the same as the voice announce call. I don't know why, but the user can't just adjust volume from here, they have to press the intercom key, make the volume adjustment and hang up. Until the next v.a. call.

Volume for anything on the speaker is the same (except ringing), unless I'm missing something. Sound correct?

Thanks.
Jim
Posted By: dans Re: Voice Announce and BGM Volume - 12/17/18 04:04 PM
What system?
Posted By: Yoda Re: Voice Announce and BGM Volume - 12/17/18 05:57 PM
Oh! Sorry. I completely missed that didn't I?

SL2100
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Voice Announce and BGM Volume - 12/17/18 06:43 PM
In Programming 15, Item 27 Handset Volume when set to default (1) is assigned in programming and the user sets the volume to maximum, the volume is reset to the level when the user hangs up.

Is this the issue?
Posted By: Yoda Re: Voice Announce and BGM Volume - 12/18/18 01:49 PM
Not the handset volume. This user uses his speaker for almost everything.

The user will have BGM playing, with volume set low. When he receives a voice announced call, he turns the volume up so he can hear the internal caller. When he hangs up, the BGM is too loud. The volume down key won't change the volume, so he presses the Intercom key, then volume down, then hangs up with Speaker key. This sets his BGM, until the next voice call.

It seems like the intercom speaker and BGM volume are the same. Ringer volume can be set independently. Not a deal breaker, just wondered if I was missing something in setting them separately.

The setting you mentioned was at 'stay at previous level'. I changed it to 'back to default' and will see how it goes when I get there later today.

Thanks.
Jim
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help