atcomsystems.ca/forum
we are considering offering the MLC soft phone on Iphone/android as a replacement for the multi line cordless phones

I have one working in our office, it seems to work pretty good but a little buggy.

I've found that you have to change the system to ring on intercom calls and also it seems that when the cell phone goes to blank screen/sleep and you call it sometimes the caller gets a busy.

What is your experience with this and does anybody have any setup advice?
Posted By: Yoda Re: MLC on cell phone to replace cordless - 12/22/18 12:25 AM
I have one customer using mlc. At least they have it, but for some reason they're not utilizing it. After initial setup by me, they dont seem to want to use it. That said, I thought it would be pretty handy to have. Maybe it's a matter of management requiring its use, or providing the cell phone so he can require users to use it.

We haven't tried it outside of the wireless lan network. I think the success depends a lot on the wifi connection throughout the building.

When installing the app, only activate once per cell phone! If something doesn't work, its not the app, it's a setting somewhere. If you activate more than once, you'll eat up your license count. It's a pita and takes days to get NEC to get them cleared out.

Jim
Posted By: mikesnews Re: MLC on cell phone to replace cordless - 12/22/18 04:25 AM
I have a customer with about 10 in use and they like it okay, but if you have users that don't have a need for all the BLF's and just want an app to use for dialing out and receiving calls, check out the NEC ST500 App. It's free, and just uses a standard user license. It does communicate on port 5070 like the 3rd party sip. Make sure you have a password setup with authentication if you are going to open up 5070 to the outside world.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: MLC on cell phone to replace cordless - 12/22/18 02:09 PM
We've had good luck with the MLC. Especially since they added 8 licences on the upgrades we have been doing. FWIW we always set busy/no answer for forwarding just in case the phone is out of service. This thing works just like a digital phone in about every way so ya you have to set the phone to ring and take it out page groups if you don;t want it. EVERYTHING about NEC license portal is a complete PITA. I really wish they would get some competent people doing their web sites.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help