atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Echo and feedback using speakerpone - 01/13/19 10:42 PM
Newer customer with SL2100. All phones are digital and trunks are provided by Mediacom via coax and modem.

They complain that while using the speaker on an outside call, there is noticeable echo and feedback. This has happened on more than one phone. Not sure if it was different lines or not.

Would the line calibration affect this? They're getting a couple more lines added tomorrow, so I'll do the calibration on all of them.

Thank you.
Jim
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Echo and feedback using speakerpone - 01/14/19 12:05 AM
It could effect them, but was there pots lines before cable lines.
Posted By: Yoda Re: Echo and feedback using speakerpone - 01/14/19 12:55 AM
They've had cable service for a few years, even with their old Nortel system. This is the first complaint of this type from the customer. I think they would have used their speakers on the Nortel when they had it. The 2100 has been in a couple of months.
Posted By: dans Re: Echo and feedback using speakerpone - 01/14/19 01:21 PM
Always perform the line calibration if you haven't already.
I'm asking because I did it, forgot to remove the clear cellophane they use to wrap around the edges of the phone when the phone is packaged for shipping (covers the mic). If not removed it causes echo, LOL.
Posted By: etdiego Re: Echo and feedback using speakerpone - 04/17/19 07:54 PM
I am having the same issue and I thought it might be the line however is happens with ext to ext calls as well. you can also notice an echo and feedback when you go off hook. I havent found it but it seems like the mic db input is too high. any ideas n how to turn it down?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help