atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ThePhoneConnection NEC SL2100 with Yealink Phones - 02/27/19 08:21 PM
Hello,
Has anyone installed Yealink ( T-48 in particular) to the NEC SL2100 Phone System that has not had any issues?
Posted By: oobie Re: NEC SL2100 with Yealink Phones - 02/28/19 09:42 PM
Why would you want to? Just curious.
Posted By: mreilly Re: NEC SL2100 with Yealink Phones - 02/28/19 11:50 PM
oobie great question I was wondering the same thing WHY? and yes I am curious as well

Just another beautiful day in the land of communications
Posted By: dans Re: NEC SL2100 with Yealink Phones - 03/01/19 01:26 PM
Make that 3 of us.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: NEC SL2100 with Yealink Phones - 03/01/19 05:11 PM
Because "Yealink is a global leading provider of unified communication & collaboration solutions.*"

*according to their website
Posted By: oobie Re: NEC SL2100 with Yealink Phones - 03/05/19 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Professor Shadow
Because "Yealink is a global leading provider of unified communication & collaboration solutions.*"

*according to their website
LOL!!
The customer is using a hosted solution and has 15 of them at a cost of 275.00 each so was thinking of moving them onto NEC. ( Which another vendor had mentioned he installed yealink on the SL1100) I talked them out of it! Giving them a 30.00 credit on the Yealink's
Posted By: oobie Re: NEC SL2100 with Yealink Phones - 03/05/19 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by ThePhoneConnection
The customer is using a hosted solution and has 15 of them at a cost of 275.00 each so was thinking of moving them onto NEC. ( Which another vendor had mentioned he installed yealink on the SL1100) I talked them out of it! Giving them a 30.00 credit on the Yealink's
That was smarter. Those Yealinks woulda basically been Single line sets. And who knows how much time you would have ate trying to get them to work. Smart move.

And just so you know I'm not knocking Yealink putting them on a NEC just isn't a right fit in my opinion.
Posted By: paulw Re: NEC SL2100 with Yealink Phones - 03/13/19 04:28 AM
Originally Posted by ThePhoneConnection
Hello,
Has anyone installed Yealink ( T-48 in particular) to the NEC SL2100 Phone System that has not had any issues?

About two years ago in my old job we replaced a cloud centrex system that had Yealink T46G phones thru out with a SV9100. The customer wanted to retain the old Yealink phones. I worked out how to set them up but after they were setup the customer complained about a lot of data traffic flooding their IP network. I traced it down to the DSS buttons on the phones. They work separately to the phone in that they try to register just like a norm IP phone at regular intervals which the SV9100 doesn't recognize so doesn't respond, so with say 40 phones with 12 DSS you end up with about 520 registrations every 30 seconds or so. They were all replaced with 24 button NEC IP phones and the problems went away,
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help