atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: GCI MIS Voice Mail Security Codes - 03/18/19 07:47 PM
Is there a way on an SV8100, maybe using PCPro, to identify voice mailboxes that do not have a security code set?
Similarly, is there a way to identify mailboxes that do not have a name recorded?

Thanks for your help.

Ralph
Posted By: dans Re: Voice Mail Security Codes - 03/18/19 09:22 PM
Answer to both questions regarding Pc Pro, is no.

FYI, regarding security codes, if any user does not have a security code setup they cannot access their mailbox from outside their extension. If no passcode and they enter their mailbox when prompt they will hear "that mailbox does not exist".

Posted By: mreilly Re: Voice Mail Security Codes - 03/18/19 11:39 PM
Dans I know on the 9100 you will get "that mailbox does not exist " but I think on the 8100 it still lets you in. just checking I couldnt remember for sure

Just another beautiful day in the land of communications
Posted By: dans Re: Voice Mail Security Codes - 03/19/19 12:30 PM
The newer software versions for the SV8100 has the added security in the user mailboxes.
Posted By: GCI MIS Re: Voice Mail Security Codes - 03/19/19 05:52 PM
OK, thanks for your replies. I am just concerned because we deal with health information that there is a risk that others can access messages if there is no security code. I just confirmed on our system that if there is no security code on the mailbox, messages can be accessed by dialing # plus the extension from outside, or 600 then the extension from inside.

Now I need a way to assure that all mailboxes have security codes set. Is there an option anywhere to require security codes?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help